Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

New from Georgia

Hi Everyone. Ted Wright here. New to the forum but long time bourbon enjoyer. My fav is the Hirsch 20. For those Hirsch fans out there you have probably seen me on various e-bay auctions for the 20. I look forward to having fun conversations about all things bourbon. I am especially interested in reading thoughts from fellow 20 fans and Rye drinkers.

For those of you in the business, I am the same guy that owns Fizz (the word of mouth marketing agency dedicated to serving beverage suppliers). If anyone is interested, I look forward to having some fun marketing discussions in the forum.

I leave you now with my favorite receipe for sharing bourbon with those folks that have not enjoyed it in the past. This receipe is called the Brown Derby and is courtesy of my friend Greg Best at Eugene's here in Atlanta.

1 1/2 oz bourbon
    1/2 oz agave nector or light honey
    1 oz fresh grapefruit juice
    shake in ice
    strain
    serve up in a martini glass

Thanks!

Re: New from Georgia

Welcome. Just a note -- while we appreciate everyone's participation here, we especially appreciate the fact that SB.com is essentially commercial-free. If you'd like to advertise, please contact site owner/administrator Jim Butler via PM.
    The cocktail looks like an enticing meld of sweet and sour. Thanks.
    Tim

Hi and thanks for the note.

One of the reasons that I am so up front about who I am and what I do is that these boards can get "roaches*" on them and I want to make it very clear that I am not one of those folks. You'll notice that I use my full name in both my posts and my sign in name and I identified my company and it's purpose in my second paragraph.

I do this because roaches are annoying to those community members who have spent hours building great sites like this one. I'm just here because I like bourbon and want to hang out virtually with those that do as well. I also like tequila so I am on a very cool board run out of San Diego that focuses on that as well as an obscure English explorer. Go figure.

Ted

*"Roach" = someone who poses as a fan of a product or lifestyle and goes on message boards and forums talking about products or services that they just love so much. These creatures are annoying but also very easy to spot.

Advanced Taster

Welcome Ted! I personally find some aspects of the industry very intriguing and look forward to some of your future insights. I'd be interested to hear your take on the Vodka and/or Champagne market right now, where is seems like Marketing is everything. It seems like with hundreds of years of marketing success Champagne is doing just fine, but will Vodka be a flash in the pan?

Also, good luck in finding Hirsch 20! Since you mentioned that you prowl the eBay ads, I guess you have figured out that we have already drained the liquor stores dry!
    Steve
    "Rye whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry. If a tree don't fall on me, I'll live till I die" - Tex Ritter