Hey everyone, hello from Wisconsin. I've never been a bourbon drinker, sticking with beer and vodka/gin. Except my first year in college, when too much Jack on too many nights killed whiskey for me for about 15 years.

As I have gotten older, I have come to the realization that I would much rather have quality over quantity when I drink, and in other facets of life. Thus started my search for something to drink and enjoy, rather than guzzle.

While flipping thru the channels a couple of weeks ago, I came across the show The Thirsty Traveler. The episode was about Kentucky Bourbon, and they went to the Makers Mark distillery, and also had a segment with Elmer T Lee. Well, after being fascinated with the stories they told, and everything surrounding it, I decided to give it a try. I bought a bottle of Elmer T Lee, and WOW, I really liked it.

That sent me on a quest to find out everything I could about bourbon, and some searches on a number of things led me to here.

So, while I know absolutely nothing about bourbon, other than the smell of Jack (which I now realize is not bourbon ) still makes me queasy, I have been reading this site for days, trying to absorb everything I have missed. I have to say, you guys sure seem to know what you are talking about, I look forward to learning much from you all.

Now, all I have to do is convince the wife that it's OK to have more than one kind of bourbon in the house, wish me luck!