Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

What did you all get for Christmas?

Haven't visited for several weeks. Just wanted to see what holiday spirit everyone got..I received a bottle of Woodford Reserve,Russell's Reserve and 15 yr old Pappy..Have never had the 15 yr pappy before..Will break into it tonight..Love Russell's..Also just finished a half bottle of 20 yr old Pappy that my neighbor gave me on new years eve...wonderful stuff...

Guru

Re: What did you all get for Christmas?

Complete 2007 BTAC plus an extra WLW and Saz.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Advanced Taster

Well, I had to buy my own holiday spirit for Christmas...I finally found Russell's Reserve Rye in Indiana.

Guru

My sister-in-law bought me a bottle of JW Red. She'll get there eventualy. She used to buy me clothes, polo shirts and preppy stuff I'd never actualy wear.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    My sister-in-law bought me a bottle of JW Red. She'll get there eventualy. She used to buy me clothes, polo shirts and preppy stuff I'd never actualy wear.
    Put the bottle with the preppy clothes. My parents used to buy me stuff that I would never actually purchase for myself. I finally asked them to just do gift cards if they felt compelled to purchase a gift. They do that now plus they have purchased some nice whiskey for me. Most recently, JD Silver Select. They've improved with age.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    My sister-in-law bought me a bottle of JW Red. She'll get there eventualy...
    Try it with some ginger ale and ice. It ain't bourbon, but it ain't junk, either.
    Tim

Virtuoso

A friend got me a bottle of Weller Antique 107. It's a 2007 bottling, which I look forward to trying it because the newest bottling I've ever tasted was from 2005.

Guru

Lot B, EC 12, ETL, and a Pappy 20.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Guru

My wife got me a bottle of Hirsch 21 rye --- not exactly my taste but I certainly appreciate the gesture.

She occasionally will stop by the Party Source and surprise me with a bottle of bourbon she knows I like or something that "I havn't seen you drinking before..." Not always hits, but a great way to broaden my horizons in ways that I might not have taken.

Just one of the many reasons I love her...
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

I got a Four Roses Super Premium, a couple of Blantons minis and a Dickel Barrel Select.Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra