Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: High West Whiskey

Thanks for the clarification Chuck! Your first message kind of made me choke on my whiskey .

Virtuoso

I picked up a bottle yesterday, which turned out less easy than anticipated. I went to two liquor stores, and was told at each one that the distiller had just been there buying up their stock to present at the film festival in Park City. One was left at the State and 3300 S store when I got there. I'm told they have nearly sold out of the first batch.

I read the back label and found the whole percentage discussion as mucked up as it first sounded in this thread.

I think us East Bay'ers will see if we can sleuth out the origins of the juice from it's flavor in February.

Roger

PS - Sadly, I was told that Rittenhouse is discontinued in Utah State Stores. I'm hoping the store clerk misspoke, but both stores I visited did have their Rittenhouse shelf tags removed. That was always a high point of my SLC trips when Rittenhouse was unavailable in California.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Rughi View Post
    I think us East Bay'ers will see if we can sleuth out the origins of the juice from it's flavor in February.
    I look forward to hearing the results of this analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rughi View Post
    PS - Sadly, I was told that Rittenhouse is discontinued in Utah State Stores.Roger
    This is a bummer for sure. There are a number of ryes available but none even approaching the quality per $ of the Rittenhouse BIB.