Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guru

A nice Zinfandel

I have just enjoyed..over two nights...a bottle of Pellegrini 2004 Russian River Valley Zinfandel "Eight Cousins Vineyard" ...a very smooooth Zin with nice complex flavors....light on tannins....a very nice wine.

I was not familiar with this vineyard's products but so far so good.

Guru

Re: A nice Zinfandel

I paid 14.99 by the way ...I have seen it on the web for 19.99...you may find it cheaper as I bought mine at a local wine shop and not a superstore.

Guru

Thumbs up Re: A nice Zinfandel

If you are a big zin fan, Renwood out of Amador County north east of Sac has some of the best Zins in California... my personal favorite spot for Zins...

Connoisseur

I like the Montevina Terra D'Oro also out of Amodor county. They are $15-$20ish. They also have an old vine zin from Deaver Vineyard and that one is really really nice, but difficult to find. One other I recently had, but is $30+ was Brown Estate. EXCELLENT!

Guru

Thanks for the tips! Will look for them.

Try Rancho Zabaco Dancing Bull Zinfandel. It's cheap at $8 but tastes more expensive.
    Jamie

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by spun_cookie View Post
    If you are a big zin fan, Renwood out of Amador County north east of Sac has some of the best Zins in California... my personal favorite spot for Zins...
    I personally like the Zins from Sonoma.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Enthusiast

Keep an eye peeled for 'Za Zin' by Laurel Glen. It's old vines Lodi juice, sells for $15 or so around here and it sure changed MY mind about Lodi (fat, flabby, etc...). Powerful, tasty, but not 'hot' (you can get too much alcohol in a zin if you're not careful. Anybody can make a 'big' Lodi zin, but it takes some doing to make REALLY FREAKIN' GOOD Lodi Zin) Patrick Campbell, the owner, also makes an everyday zin 'field blend' called REDS that is my 'take to every picnic' wine. $8, delicious and I mean DELICIOUS with grilled meats, pizza, roast chicken. He changes the blend slightly from year to year, buying good grapes and keeping the costs in mind. Never had a bad one yet. This is his 'wine for the people', I buy his $70 Laurel Glen bottles of cab when I'm flush, but I buy a whole lotta REDS and Za Zin even when I'm not flush. He even imports a lot of good Malbec from Argentina and makes the wine in CA. A stand up guy when we talked, all his stuff is highly recommended.
    Here's to us, who's like us?
    Damned few and they're all dead

Guru

Cool Re: A nice Zinfandel

I have been enjoying Coppola's Diamond Collection Zinfandel, lately. I don't know where it lies in the hierarchy, but it is certainly very pleasant. Very deep fruit flavors.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

One of my favorite "easy to find" and inexpensive zinfandels is Peachy Canyon.

Joel
    "Oh Bother!" said Pooh as he slapped another magazine in his AK-47...

http://vinesnwines.blogspot.com