Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

I W Harper Gold Medal

I just wanted to pass the news on to any SBers in NYC that Chelsea Liquor Store on 9th Avenue between 17th and 18th is going out of business. Brian has been there for 26 years and is being forced out by rising rent costs. He's selling his booze at a big mark-down and has a lot of mid-shelf stuff of all kinds that is useful for anyone looking for basic bar stock. Scattered among the remaining bottles are some rare and high end stuff as well. Most of the bourbon is gone, but he does have quite a bit of the old Harper 80 proof from the early/mid 80s. This is NOT the 15yr Heritage bottle, but Harper's standard offering labeled at four or five years old. If anyone is interested, Brian will be open over the weekend.

-Mike
    "This is the real article. It is double-rectified busthead from Madison County, aged in the keg. A little spoonful would do you a power of good."

-True Grit by Charles Portis

Re: I W Harper Gold Medal

Wow. That's my favorite bourbon. I haven't had it since I found a small cache in San Francisco 10 years ago. Anyway to get it to a Texan?