Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guru

"The Kit", was: What\'s your "go to" Bourbon

If I'm not mistaken, a kit is a diminutive form of fox; hence the modified subject of this post.

A couple of hours ago I finished mowing the yard and clearing out some accumulated trash. Reflecting on my labor, I felt especially virtuous, to the point where I felt I deserved a reward. I decided to sit on the front porch, in the shade of my two, lofty Carolina ash trees, and enjoy a glass of bourbon on the rocks while reading the latest issue of Offbeat magazine.

As I approached my liqour cabinet (actually a mere one shelf, a bottom shelf at that, among the kitchen cabinets), I didn't hesitate. I immediately reached for Virginia Gentleman red label. If any bourbon in my modest collection has a flavor that deserves to be called "refreshing", it is this one.

As I've mentioned before, I bought this bottling by mistake, not knowing that "The Fox", a 90 proof, six year-old version, is the one so highly recommended on this forum. If only all my mistakes could work out so well ...

When next month's bourbon allowance shows up, I'll be making a road trip to pick up a bottle of The Fox. In the meantime, hail to The Kit!

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Retiree, Musician, Dog-Lover, Whiskey-Drinker

Guru

Re: What\'s your \"go to\" Bourbon

Several others beat me to it, but I would also say my "Go to" bourbon is Rare Breed.

Tim