Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

Joe the sad part is the Government told them they wanted to get into this and would give support then dropped it cold saying there was lots of Gas. Most of the Stacks never got operating. I have an old decal that says Gasohol its our future dated 1980 Publicker Industries! They put lots of Money into it, only to never make a go of it.
    Dave Z
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All the Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Disciple

Post Re: The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

38730_114919008561016_7184949_nSynder Ave 1936.jpg315925_542615602458019_1349616955_nSnyder Ave still house1937.jpg72738_526707870715459_1166615659_nGlen Flagler Distillery Scotland 1965.jpg
    Picture one is The Snyder Av Publicker Plant.
    Picture two is The Snyder Av Still House
    Picture three is the Glen Flagler Distillery in Scotland in 1965.

Many Thanks to my friend Butch for these Pictures and I expect to put more new pictures on my other two Threads in the next day or so. I took Butch to Kinsey this Past Satuday before the weeds take over for the summer.
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

Disciple

It has gotten to the Point where I do not enjoy Kinsey as much any more. The biggest reason is the Vandals writing weird stuff on the buildings like they do in Phila. It was such a beautiful place back when I worked there and to see such rotten people do this kills me! Dave Z - Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

Disciple

This weekend I am taking a man who wants abandoned building pictures. Sadly there is nothing more abandoned then Kinsey! I have not been there since May so who knows how bad it will be! I have some new pictures to post very soon. I will be 66 on Sept 23 and I am hoping to find another bottle of Old Hickory to drink for my birthday! My Dad only lived to be 64 so I am doing good! If anyone knows where I can get a bottle please let me know here! It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon -- Dave Z

Disciple

My friend Butch who worked for Publicker 10 years has given me some more Pictures and Information. Here I am Posting a picture of an artical About Publicker Commercial Alcohol's Research Chemist William R. Atwater. a research letter about a Automatic Leveling Bulb for Butadien Analysis the year was 1940 and Publicker would go on to Make Butadiene to make Synthic Rubber for WWII at their State Road, Bensalem Twp Plant!
    That same Year they would buy Kinsey Distillery in a Silent Auction, and starting in 1946 through 1947 build all 14 Expolsion Proof warehouses under the direction of Si S. Neuman.
    Explosion Proof Warehouse U which became the worlds largest Bottling house in 1966 was built in 1951.
    I will be posting some more Picture on the Memories thread later today!

Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    America's Most Magnifcent Bourbon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 07-16-2013 at 06:57.

Disciple

Here are two new old time ads from Continental Distilling given to me by my friend Butch.
    1. Coobs Creak Blended mild like your Cigaretts. Oct 30, 1940
    2. May 20th 1938 3 different brands of ours in an ad, Dixie Belle Gin Old Hickory and Coobs creek BBlended

I love the prices back then and always remember that Mr. Neuman was always trying to keep prices low!
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    America's Most Magificent Bourbon
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 07-18-2013 at 07:10.

Disciple

This building was one of a kind in having the fire tower on top of it. The tower after having talked offten to Ludy who will be 95 in Sept was also used regularly to test quality of ink on the whisky Labels. The would Place labels on the window sills on all directions some all of them would get different sunlight as the day hours went on! The tower was heated somewhat and checked offten when the fields outback were dry.
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disciple

Here are a couple of new Pictures I got from my Friend Butch who worked in Phila at the Publicker Plant.
    1. An old ad for Rittenhouse Rye around 1937
    2. An ad for low prices for Different Continental Products.
    The Company aways had a goa;l to keep prices afordable to the working class!
    Dave Z
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disciple

Here is a Picture of the Fire At Kinsey Last June 12 th 2012. It burned some of the very Oldest Buildings there at caused them to Knock down the Old 1892 Kinsey Rye Barn to get to the fire. Warehouses B,E and D gone forever. A very sad day for me I went that Night to look in sadness.
    Dave Z
    =============================================
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments

Disciple

Dave - know how you feel and I'm about the same age. Still can't get over how the manufactuer I worked at for most of my life went under the bull dozer. Still in the same business but it's just not the same.

Keep up the stoires as I do enjoy.