Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Disciple

Re: The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

Yes Joe the name for it is total decline, the place is at the mercy of the worst kind of people. They are people that History means nothing to, they are takers and they have fun ruining stuff. Also nature works hard on abandoned buildings. I never in my wildest dreams could have ever thought this could happen to the Kinsey plant. When I worked there it was a beacon of Beauty. Flower beds gardens fancy lawns. It breaks my heart to see it like this. I have not been able to write for a bit and can't at work because the computers have some sort of protection againest sites with certain words. To think that grand old Distillery Old Taylor is the same is so sad. It is the story of what is happening to our Country! YOU BE WELL Joe. I am now fighting Swarms of fruit fly's.
    Dave Z
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Take The Swing To Kinsey
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 05-17-2014 at 17:32.

Disciple

Yesterday I took a friend to Kinsey to get stuff, I got him a couple of the last good Barrels and an Old wooden box with metal wheels. We walked down to Look at Q Building and its Fire observation room. Vandels have painted horrible stuff everywhere up in the room. The wooden wall the guy who owns it had put instead of a door fell out, fire damage from a fire years ago had the fire company smash a hole in the third floor wall. Water is still laying in there from their hoses many years ago. It sits on the high point of the plant and up there you can see the whole plant. There was a time when Quality control used to put labels on the window sills to see how they held up in the sun. Heat was pumped up from the front boiler room all the way up to the room.
    Dave Z
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments

Disciple

When I was at Kinsey on Sunday I showed some people the Fire tower, it is so sad to see the building Q in such sad shape. And Vandel's have painted everywhere on the building. The wall has a large hole in it from a fire there many years ago, and the building is leaking lots of water! I just have a hard time seeing the place go like this. I think because of what the Person who owns it wants for it will rot for many years to go. To see this Historic Place rot is very hard for me. I just found out my Old Boss from Kinsey Jack Ryser died in Aug He was the last living boss I had there. He was 96 years old!
    Time is passing very Quickly and it is hard to believe that I am one of a few former workers there still living! Talked to Ludy yesterday He turned 96 this passed Friday!

Dave Z
    ================================================== ==
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 09-16-2014 at 19:39.

Connoisseur

First time posting in these threads but the last post made me act. Keep up the good work with your story. Put up as many pics and stories as you can. It is great to see the whiskey world through the eyes of someone that lived it. Hats off to you Dave.
    Peggy: Look Al, the rubes think I'm sexy!
    Al: So would I if I had whiskey for breakfast.

Disciple

Post Re: The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

I just got this picture from my Friend Butch who worked at Publicker in Phila.
    Times Square 1940's the building the ball drops from and on top is an ad for Kinsey Blended Whiskey. It is the only brand of ours I know of that was on there. Kinsey was very loved in New City back then and after Prohibition ended.
    Dave Z
    -==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments!
    Attached Images Attached Images