Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Guru

Re: The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

Well early this week I found out there was another fire at Kinsey! Once again Q building had a fire in it. It is so sad seeing the place destroyed by punks. I never in my life could have envisioned this happening to Kinsey Distillery. it is hard for anyone to imagine what it used to be. I am going to get some Pictures of what has happened in the 13 years since I first went back there.
    Dave Z
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

Do you think it's actually kids vandalizing the place, or maybe folks just looking for shelter and trying to stay warm? We had an instance here a while back, where a vacant manufacturing/warehouse building caught on fire. The consensus seems to be it was from a homeless person or people that had started a fire to keep warm.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Post Re: The Kinsey Fire Observation Room

Here are some pictures from the Sams Photo Facts book I used to have I sold it to Ethan as he is young and it is in safe hands for History!
    the first 4 pages are Kinsey Distillery before Continental Distilling bought it and after. the next 2 are of Publicker in Phila.
    When I got this book it was wet and full od silver fish, I killed them and it is restored and in great shape now. My Skills I learned when I was young working at a Museum once again helped me to save something truly Historic as this sat on a very large table at 1429 Walnut street wordl wide headquarters of Publicker The Book started in 1936.
    Dave Z
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru

Joe When the fire company got there they saw a bunch of young people running into the woods I found out. It is so sad to see the fire tower building so ruined, it was such a great idea when it was built and it kept the plant free of fires as long as it operated. I still feel blessed to have worked there back in the day. I hope to get over there this week to check and make sure the Bottling house is still sealed. I am afraid some crazy Kids will get themselves killed there. I once stopped a Kid from climbing to old water tower out front. I yelled at him to come down and pointed to the fact that all the guide wires holding that far side were broken and the ladder to the top is rotten. He said oh wow did not look before climbing!
    Dave Z
    ==========================================
    Join The Swing To Kinsey