Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Taster

Hello from Boston

Hello everyone! Just wanted to formally introduce myself.

My name is Jeff and I work in the Boston area for a fine wine shop. I grew up in Florida and went to college in Vermont (I have a thing for extremes). Been in Boston now for about 2 years.

Lately my interest in Bourbon has led me here to your wonderful site! I've been sipping whiskey since before I was of legal age and started on Seagram's Seven Crown (my Mom's drink of choice from her Navy days). One day (post-21) I'm at work and I'm staring down a bottle of MM and I'm thinking that it sounded mighty good. I never tried bourbon before but something in the color of the whiskey called to me. It just sang out one day from the shelf across from the register and said "Drink Me." I felt like I was in Wonderland. So I did, and I'm glad I bought that bottle and have been hooked ever since. I've tried just about as much as I can afford, rarely buying the same label twice. I find that I prefer the wheated bourbons more than the rye-flavored ones, although some slip in there.

And now I'm doing research to offer a class on bourbon and American whiskey for the store that employs me. I might be asking a lot of questions in the near future, but I'll try to do searches first so that I'm not just re-asking things that you've all already discussed.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to bring something to the forums too!

Best regards,
    Jarl Jeff
    ~ Jeff ~

"A One That is Not Cold is Hardly a One at All."

Connoisseur

Re: Hello from Boston

Quote Originally Posted by jbaker View Post
    And now I'm doing research to offer a class on bourbon and American whiskey for the store that employs me. I might be asking a lot of questions in the near future
    Best regards,
    Jarl Jeff
    And we may asking you to reserve some of the finer Bourbons for us.
    Glad to have you here. You will find many of the posters herein to be world class experts in this area, with knowledge beyond your wildest dream.
    Mike
    "Some people were born on third base and think they hit a triple"

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by shyster512 View Post
    And we may asking you to reserve some of the finer Bourbons for us.
    Glad to have you here. You will find many of the posters herein to be world class experts in this area, with knowledge beyond your wildest dream.
    I'll reserve any bourbon you like, the only problem is how to get it to you...damn interstate alcohol shipping laws!
    ~ Jeff ~

Administrator in exile

Welcome to Straightbourbon.com
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Taster

Hey all. Just a quick update. I'm leaving the Boston area in just about two weeks to move up to VT. I will take you all with me via the interweb. If you want to swing in to see me in Boston, give me a heads-up and I'll try my best to hook it up with a "Friends and Family" discount on bourbon. (I presume that this isn't taken as advertising, just a friendly goodbye.) If you're interested, I'll be there Feb 20th-26th. Send me a PM if you plan on stopping by so I can give you the inside loop.

In VT I'll be working for Beverage Warehouse as an assistant Wine Buyer. Let me know if you're up that way.

Off to TN tomorrow for four days. Cheers!
    ~ Jeff ~