Hello everyone! Just wanted to formally introduce myself.

My name is Jeff and I work in the Boston area for a fine wine shop. I grew up in Florida and went to college in Vermont (I have a thing for extremes). Been in Boston now for about 2 years.

Lately my interest in Bourbon has led me here to your wonderful site! I've been sipping whiskey since before I was of legal age and started on Seagram's Seven Crown (my Mom's drink of choice from her Navy days). One day (post-21) I'm at work and I'm staring down a bottle of MM and I'm thinking that it sounded mighty good. I never tried bourbon before but something in the color of the whiskey called to me. It just sang out one day from the shelf across from the register and said "Drink Me." I felt like I was in Wonderland. So I did, and I'm glad I bought that bottle and have been hooked ever since. I've tried just about as much as I can afford, rarely buying the same label twice. I find that I prefer the wheated bourbons more than the rye-flavored ones, although some slip in there.

And now I'm doing research to offer a class on bourbon and American whiskey for the store that employs me. I might be asking a lot of questions in the near future, but I'll try to do searches first so that I'm not just re-asking things that you've all already discussed.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to bring something to the forums too!

Best regards,
Jarl Jeff