Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

It's Poker Night!

Yes, it's poker night at Palatial Snakster Manor. Being a good host, my complete bar is open to the players to enjoy whatever they wish. My current offerings have been listed on my blog by picture.

Life is good.

Ron

ECONOMY, n. Purchasing the barrel of whiskey that you do not need for the price of the cow you cannot afford”
    - Ambrose Bierce

Novice

Re: It's Poker Night!

Man, I want to play poker at your place.

Advanced Taster

Looks like it might be a long drive...but if you're ever in the neighborhood....
    Ron

ECONOMY, n. Purchasing the barrel of whiskey that you do not need for the price of the cow you cannot afford”
    - Ambrose Bierce

Guru

Ron - great minds think alike....I'm headed out for an evening of poker and bourbon drinkin' myself.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Advanced Taster

Love that El Tosoro reposado!!!

Virtuoso

Great selection.....sure wish I were in your neighborhood! Always love the Pappy, but my first request would be the WLW 19.

Hope you have a grand evening and win a few hands!

Advanced Taster

Good time last night; I won't wait as long to schedule the next one. The WLW was not sampled last night. The bottles that WERE sampled include:

PVW20
    Hirsch 16 (and it's foil, not wax)
    2007 Stagg
    2007 Saz
    WT Rye
    Weller Antique
    El Tesoro
    Bruichladdich XVII

Talking to a couple of the guys who really enjoy the offerings, I'm planning a tasting now just for kicks. I've also decided to host a Kentucky Deby party too with some kick butt (I hope ) mint juleps. I wonder if the mint on the side of my house will be growing that early.
    Ron

- Ambrose Bierce

Enthusiast

You can't beat poker and whiskey. That is a nice lineup.

Enthusiast

PAspirit I'd add good cigar to the mix. After all you have to uphold the sterotype. GTS or WLW 19 would have been in my glass. Do you play Holdem only or dealers choice? When we get together we start off with a holdem tourney followed by dealers choice which includes 2-22, 7-27, 3 or 4 card guts, Auction block, Shit on your neighbor, jacks or better/trips to win, Andaconda, (my Fav) Diablo, Black Mariah, Chi High, Omaha hi and Omaha/8, SHOE, and several variations of 7 stud with or without wild cards. Anyways makes for a fun night.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by HipFlask View Post
    PAspirit I'd add good cigar to the mix. After all you have to uphold the sterotype. GTS or WLW 19 would have been in my glass. Do you play Holdem only or dealers choice? When we get together we start off with a holdem tourney followed by dealers choice which includes 2-22, 7-27, 3 or 4 card guts, Auction block, Shit on your neighbor, jacks or better/trips to win, Andaconda, (my Fav) Diablo, Black Mariah, Chi High, Omaha hi and Omaha/8, SHOE, and several variations of 7 stud with or without wild cards. Anyways makes for a fun night.
    Hey HipFlask. I haven't tried a cigar in quite a while. I didn't enjoy it before but then I didn't enjoy high proof alcohol at one point either. It seems like you round some corners as you go.

Recently, I've only played texas no-limit holdem. I am interested in trying some tourneys in AC.