Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Purchasing from ebay

Anybody here ever purchase "bottles" on ebay? There seems to be a lot of nice collectibles, depending on the status of your personal collection, that can be had. Some pricey some I'm not sure.

Any of you frequent and purchase these "containers" from ebay?
    As he removed the cork from the bottle of bourbon, he threw it across the room and said, "we ain't gonna need that no more".

Enthusiast

Re: Purchasing from ebay

i have bought one or two bottles from eBay sellers in the past. i look at their feedback rating first, and have never had a problem dealing with the really good sellers.
    ____
    Chris

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SippinJim View Post
    Anybody here ever purchase "bottles" on ebay? There seems to be a lot of nice collectibles, depending on the status of your personal collection, that can be had. Some pricey some I'm not sure.

Any of you frequent and purchase these "containers" from ebay?
    Bunches! Mostly from Germany but also from Great Britain, USA, Austria and Switzerland. No problems so far. Just a lot of good whiskey.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Taster

I've purchased a few, no problems, just ask your questions 1st

Guru

Some of the best I have are from ebay... all of me FR40th came from ebay connections...

I buy lots of bottles from ebay in the US, and if they will flat out not ship to me here, I will send them to a friend in FL who sends them onto me. I have bought countless JD commemorative bottles and Makers Mark bottles. I have never had an issue. I also recently got a couple of WTKS 1994 pewter tops, still yet to open one!
    There's not much on ebay in Australia that I can't get my hands on.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Connoisseur

I notice a lot of members talking about purchasing on Binny's website, but here in KY we are blocked from doing that, so all I can do on Binny's is get a ballpark idea of prices. Can you skirt that ban on internet alcohol sales by buying on eBay, or will they refuse to ship to KY also?

And is there any progress in lifting the ban in the states that prohibit internet alcohol sales?

-Joe

What could you possibly want from Binnys that you can't get in KY??

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Guru

For me buying on ebay is less about shipping and more about inflated prices on listings that don't follow the rules, followed by eBay's indifference to enforcing said rules. I used to buy a lot of OLD bourbon on eBay until the prices got ridiculous and snipers refused to bid against me face to face, allowing me to have the only bid on something until 5 seconds were left in the auction and WHAM. I haven't so much as searched for any bottles in more than a year because of this since I won't play that game myself. It's a waste of time for me to do so. But what I did get early is ALL GOOD. Good luck in your bidding.
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Connoisseur

Scott, You're right...but I always like to have as many options as possible!

-Joe