Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

Ardmore Single Malt

Bob (Yellowjacket) arranged for a Laphroig tasting at the Tilted Kilt here in Houston. It was hosted by Simon Brooking, their "ambassador" here in the US. We tasted the 10yo, the Quarter Cask and their 15yo. We also tasted their white dog which was very interesting to say the least. I found the 15 yo to be a little simple and too mellow but really enjoyed the 10yo.

Simon also poured us a sample of the soon to be released Ardmore Single Malt. Approximately 99% of Ardmore's production has gone into blends (mostly Teachers as discussed in that thread) until now. It will be done as a Quarter Cask and be from 6 to 9 yo. I liked it, but will wait to see pricing before purchasing. Should be available in about two weeks.

PS Simon told us the price of Laphroig 30 is going to be tripled shortly from $200 to $600 more or less......if you're into such things.

Randy

Connoisseur

Re: Ardmore Single Malt

Here is a review of the 16 yo Ardmore I did late last year.
    Illuminati in training

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

I bought an Ardmore in Spain recently finished in a cask that had held kriek beer. Signatory bottling. 11 years old. I left it with a friend there and never got to taste it but got an excellent report.

Gary

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    Bob (Yellowjacket) arranged for a Laphroig tasting at the Tilted Kilt here in Houston. It was hosted by Simon Brooking, their "ambassador" here in the US. We tasted the 10yo, the Quarter Cask and their 15yo. We also tasted their white dog which was very interesting to say the least. I found the 15 yo to be a little simple and too mellow but really enjoyed the 10yo.

Simon also poured us a sample of the soon to be released Ardmore Single Malt. Approximately 99% of Ardmore's production has gone into blends (mostly Teachers as discussed in that thread) until now. It will be done as a Quarter Cask and be from 6 to 9 yo. I liked it, but will wait to see pricing before purchasing. Should be available in about two weeks.

PS Simon told us the price of Laphroig 30 is going to be tripled shortly from $200 to $600 more or less......if you're into such things.

Randy
    Randy,
    I think everyone enjoyed the tasting and learned a lot. Simon did a great job! Good to get some of the SB group involved, also.

I'll let you and the others know about the next get together.

Bob