Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scotch Forums?

Taster

Scotch Forums?

Can anyone guide me to a website that strictly focuses on Scotch whisky? I love this site and would like to find another with such an active forum with highly knowledgeable users. Some basic searches haven't turned up anything, but I haven't thoroughly looked. I know they're out there.

Thanks!

Connoisseur

Re: Scotch Forums?

Have you tried the forum on Peat Freak. It looks like a pretty active spot. I think that drrich1965 from this forum posts there also. Under the Fun & Games header they have both a forum and chat.

Todd

There's the Whisky Mag Forums.

Enthusiast

www.whiskyportal.com is not used frequently but has links to other sites as well,some are very interesting.
    Eric.
    Netherlands

Connoisseur

Yeah, Peat Freak is a recent spinoff from the Whisky Mag forums. Some big to-do regarding censoring and deleting posts pissed off many longtime forumites (missed the excitement, and all the posts about it were deleted), and they moved over to Peat Freak. Very knowledgeable members, independent site. I'd go there first for conversation (though the archive of post at Whisky Mag is too huge to ignore for pure information).

Taster

Yes, Peatfreak.com is a growing and freindly site, with a 90percent focus on SMS- although I have been "infesting" if of late with a bit of my new and growing love of bourbon. TB describe the problem with whiskymag.com well- anything that was percieved as critical of "the industry" was being censored and often deleted- it did not sit well with me, in spite of not being directly involved (at least not until that time).

On peatfreak, we have started to do periodic tastings in the chatroom- that has been fun.

Come join.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by JRomain View Post
    Can anyone guide me to a website that strictly focuses on Scotch whisky? I love this site and would like to find another with such an active forum with highly knowledgeable users. Some basic searches haven't turned up anything, but I haven't thoroughly looked. I know they're out there.

Thanks!
    I just noticed your from Boulder- a great place. I lived in Fort Collins for a few years, and went to bounder weekly to a poetry reading that has since closed...always loved the place...

Advanced Taster

peatfreak.com is very good and well worth logging in to.

The whisky mag thing was a massive over-reaction by everyone - after some had criticised the voucher system at Whisky Magazine events. Posts were deleted by the administrators. They over-reacted too and shouldn't have deleted the posts - in my opinion. Everyone was being far too precious, though, in my opinion again. In the end of the day, it's just a whisky discussion board, not a human rights forum.

The whisky mag forum is also very good - it was better years ago, though.

Taster

A very good web site that does not have a forum but provides a lot of information on single malt scotches is the Malt Maniacs (and other associated sites) at www.maltmaniacs.org

Bob

Enthusiast

Another one: www.whiskymag.com .
    Eric.
    Netherlands