Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Heineken Mini Keg

Has anyone else tried the new Heineken 5 liter mini keg? I was never much of a Heineken drinker but I had to try it. It looks like those other mini kegs "like Coors" But it is different. It is an actual pressurized keg with a tap and it works great. Says the beer will keep for 30 days (mine didn't need to last that long) Just curious what others think and if you have tried it. I really enjoy it, especially for $17.99

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Heineken Mini Keg

I've had it and feel confident in saying that, even though the century is still young, the Heineken mini-keg is the greatest invention of the 21st. century.

Mine also did not test the limits.

Connoisseur

I agree with Chuck.
    Mike
    "Some people were born on third base and think they hit a triple"

Guru

Ran into my local liquor store last Saturday,and low and behold the local Heineken people were doing a promo. The nice tidy little keg for $14.99 ...we took 2 of them out to a Texas Hold' em occaision.

All the jokes were funny!
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Enthusiast

In the Heineken homeland it is already about 2/3 years old,it`s not the Heineken i like but their other brands,we now have Amstel,Brand and Wiekse Witte white beer in these kegs also Grolsch and some smaller breweries are starting selling their beer in those kegs.Looks like we don`t need pubs anymore .
    Eric.
    Netherlands

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mier View Post
    In the Heineken homeland it is already about 2/3 years old,it`s not the Heineken i like but their other brands,we now have Amstel,Brand and Wiekse Witte white beer in these kegs also Grolsch and some smaller breweries are starting selling their beer in those kegs.Looks like we don`t need pubs anymore .
    Eric.
    Wow, I didn't know they were putting other beer in those kegs. I can't wait till it gets to the states. I was thinking about that the other day, it would be great to have a variety.

Enthusiast

I tried a few glasses from a Heineken mini keg at a department soirée and found it much better than I remembered Heineken from the green glass bottles. I've been tempted to get one ever since.
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I recently picked up a four pack of Heineken in the new tall pint sized cans, it was nearly as good as having it on draft at the brewery in Amsterdam. I don't drink Heineken often, but from now on when I do, it will be in those cans.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Enthusiast

[quote, it was nearly as good as having it on draft at the brewery in Amsterdam.
    There is no Heinekenbrewery in Amsterdam i think you mean the Heinekenexpierencecentre,that used to brew but that`s a long time ago .
    Eric.
    Netherlands

Enthusiast

I am running not walking to the store to pick one of these up. Cheers to everyone on this board.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain