I have a mystery to solve... we have something that looks like a bronze "tester" tube that came from the Old Crow Distillery. It's about 5' long and has slots on the side. I believe it probably went into barrels to extract samples for testing and/or tasting. The exterior of the tube rotates to close the tube and hold the product. Does anyone know what this thing is called and more about what it was used for? Thanks!