Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

"'Shine" Mashbills

I found these interesting (not that I know what to do with them). But I kinda/sorta understand what their talking about anymore.
    http://www.homedistiller.org/
    Look under 'Preparing Wash', then 'Grain', then 'Jack Daniel's Black Label Recipe', and scroll.
    Tim

Enthusiast

Re: "'Shine" Mashbills

Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon View Post
    I found these interesting (not that I know what to do with them). But I kinda/sorta understand what their talking about anymore.
    http://www.homedistiller.org/
    Look under 'Preparing Wash', then 'Grain', then 'Jack Daniel's Black Label Recipe', and scroll.
    The "Jeff" who wrote on that page is me. I wrote it on the now-defunct Distilled Beverage Digest that I managed, and Tony posted it on his site. (I note that he still has a link to the DBD.)

That was some years ago, and I have learned more since then, but I think it was pretty accurate.

Jeff
    "One never knows, do one?" Fats Waller, American Musician, 1904-1943

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Pretty much accurate except for the maple syrup part, unless you meant that as a direction to folks attempting to duplicate the taste at home. Actual Jack Daniel's does not contain any maple syrup.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Pretty much accurate except for the maple syrup part, unless you meant that as a direction to folks attempting to duplicate the taste at home. Actual Jack Daniel's does not contain any maple syrup.
    Well, I didn't write that part, only the parts with my name on it.

Jeff
    "One never knows, do one?" Fats Waller, American Musician, 1904-1943

Jeff, I especially enjoy your method of 'malting' corn -- especially, the 'remove corn and WASH...'
    Tim