Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, Folks...

Novice

Question Hello, Folks...

Although I'm new to the site (and it's a great one!), I'm not new to a good shot (or two) of bourbon. I'm a 60 + year old entreprenuer/investor, looking for a relatively small, specialty, distiller who may be interested in producing a variation of one of their better specialty products under our label. We're looking for a great classic bourbon, and we think we've got a unique niche marketing approach that will do it justice. I run my own holding/business development "start-up"; but we're investors-not master distillers. And that's why we're asking subscribers to this site, to help us establish a mutually-beneficial alliance with a good distiller. And, if you can give us a hand that leads to the "marriage" we'll be proposing, we will be more than happy to make it worth your while. Thanks much, everybody! And, with any luck, you can look forward to having "one on us!"

Best regards,

Will "Pops" Smith, President & CEO
    USCommonWealth Group, LLC
    wvsmith@earthlink.net
    Last edited by wvsmith; 03-02-2008 at 15:54.
    Pop'Smith!

Guru

Re: Hello, Folks...

Welcome to the group. I can't help you much with your partnership, but look forward to your product.

Good luck.

Connoisseur

Welcome to the site, Will.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you out with this since I know of not one contact in the bourbon world. Though, if I had to suggest a distillery for you to work through, I'd certainly suggest Buffalo Trace. There are others here, I'm guessing, that can help you out much better than I can.

What kind of bourbon are you interested in marketing? A wheated bourbon? A traditional bourbon?

Do you drink bourbon? If so, what kinds of bourbon do you appreciate? Then, do you want to market the profile of bourbon that you like? If so, find out who distills the product you like.

Sorry that I can't help you out any more than that (if I helped you at all ).

Regards,

Mark

Novice

Thanks so much, for the reply and for you looking forward getting a taste of what we finally take to market. It was great to revisit the site and find your reply in the thread.

Best regards,

Pops!

Novice

Thanks for the welcome! And the questions you've posed have been helpful. For years, I was a JackBlack devotee; but, the feeling I'm getting is that those folks may be a bit too big for our "britches", at this point. As one whose roots go back to the "red clay" of Northeast TX, I remember there almost always being a bottle of Four Roses in the kitchen cupboard and I've heard they do a "mean" bourbon. However, word is, it won't be available in the US until later this year. I've already "fired off" an email to their "info @", address, and hope to hear something from them soon.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. And, keep an eye on these pages, 'cause I'll be sure to post, again, when and as we begin to make some promising contacts.

Best regards,

Pops!
    Pop'Smith!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by wvsmith View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! And the questions you've posed have been helpful. For years, I was a JackBlack devotee; but, the feeling I'm getting is that those folks may be a bit too big for our "britches", at this point. As one whose roots go back to the "red clay" of Northeast TX, I remember there almost always being a bottle of Four Roses in the kitchen cupboard and I've heard they do a "mean" bourbon. However, word is, it won't be available in the US until later this year. I've already "fired off" an email to their "info @", address, and hope to hear something from them soon.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. And, keep an eye on these pages, 'cause I'll be sure to post, again, when and as we begin to make some promising contacts.

Best regards,

Pops!

Will, Four Roses is currently in the US market. I may have misunderstood you. And they certainly do make a "mean" bourbon. The Four Roses Single Barrel is excellent.

Mark

Novice

Smile Re: Hello, Folks...

Hey, Mark! Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. As to "Four Roses", I may not have been as clear I should have been. My understanding (I believe I found this "tidbit" durng my research, somewhere) is that the good folks a 4Roses have a great "high-end" bourbon that either is or was being marketed only in Europe, but that they have plans to make it available in the US, sometime this year. From you comment, it looks as if I may have gotten it wrong. And I thank you for setting me "straight"-no pun, intended!

Hope you're having a great day. Take care, Mark!

Pops!

Connoisseur

Hey, Mark! Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. As to "Four Roses", I may not have been as clear I should have been. My understanding (I believe I found this "tidbit" durng my research, somewhere) is that the good folks a 4Roses have a great "high-end" bourbon that either is or was being marketed only in Europe, but that they have plans to make it available in the US, sometime this year. From you comment, it looks as if I may have gotten it wrong. And I thank you for setting me "straight"-no pun, intended!

Hope you're having a great day. Take care, Mark!

Pops!

Pops, there very well could be a release of Four Roses outside the US. I wouldn't put that past Four Roses or any distillery. I know a few, if not all, distilleries still release certain bourbon that is not available in the US market.

Four Roses available in the US:

Yellow Label
    Small Batch
    Single Barrel
    There was a great release (never tried) called Four Roses 40th

You very well may be right in that there is another Four Roses, if not more, that is super premium, that is only available in Europe or Japan.

Good luck on your business venture, by the way. I to have my own business, so I always root the for the smaller companies to succeed instead of the huge conglomerates.

Regards,

Mark

Novice

Hey, Mark: I believe something like "super premium" was used to describe the overseas Four Roses. As always, I couldn't appreicate the follo-up more and I thank your for both you interest and you best wishes. As one entrepreneur to another, we "biz types", have to stick together and encourage each-other, especially in these challengilng economic times. Take care, my friend. And here's hoping you gonna makes loads-of-bucks, along the way.

Regards,

Pops
    Pop'Smith!

Connoisseur

Hey, Mark: I believe something like "super premium" was used to describe the overseas Four Roses. As always, I couldn't appreicate the follo-up more and I thank your for both you interest and you best wishes. As one entrepreneur to another, we "biz types", have to stick together and encourage each-other, especially in these challengilng economic times. Take care, my friend. And here's hoping you gonna makes loads-of-bucks, along the way.

Regards,

Pops

Same to you, Pops.

Hey, if you ever need a guinea pig to sample some bourbon, let me know.

Mark