Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Administrator in exile

Re: Pappy 20 barrel proof specialty bottling

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblank View Post
    Now that's a thread killer if I ever saw one.

Randy
    That's it, I'm banning Julian until he changes his mind!

Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Taster

I do see reduced supplies (none) of the P20 in our local stores. I did grab one online last night. I like P20 and wasn't prepared for this drought. I see that Hirsch 16 has doubled in the last year when you can find it (my other favorite). This is not a good trend. It's tough to lose these grand oldies.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Dammm.... Pappy 20 is No 2 on my "to find" list whilst in KY for the Sampler.... Maybe I'll find one somewhere else on our US trip.

Administrator in exile

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    Dammm.... Pappy 20 is No 2 on my "to find" list whilst in KY for the Sampler.... Maybe I'll find one somewhere else on our US trip.
    Cam,

You can find Pappy 20 easily in KY right now. Let me know if you want me to secure a bottle for you prior to your trip. I think Julian was referring to any future "barrel-proof" bottling.
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Guru

OK... lets try some VW 15 yr barrel proof... at this rate we may be on our way to the 12 yr...

How about the 15 Julian? Or what else do you recommend?

Lot B - straight outta the barrel..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

The Boss

Quote Originally Posted by spun_cookie View Post
    I am talking with Ryan from Julio's in Westborough Mass to see what kind of options we could have on a cask strength PVW or VW Lot... My thoughts are a multi-bourbon site bottling (SB, BD, & BE.com) to get enough for the barrel.

If I can get enough pull, I will purchase the entire barrel and work on the distribution to those with interested...

Might need to start a new thread once I get the options...

Let you know when I know.
    Emerald
    Emerald, et al.,

Straightbourbon.com has it's own mechanisms and personnel for doing barrel purchases. Specialty bottling is something that SB.com undertakes as an entity, and we are highly adept at it. Our experience in this regard assures that any bottling that has the Straightbourbon.com name and logo associated with it is of the finest quality.

When we decide to do a bottling, which we typically offer at least once a year, we will advise the user base well in advance; not to gauge interest, but rather to give the limited number of users whom we can accommodate a chance to queue up. Our bottlings are always in great demand, and if you get your hands (and taste buds) on one, you'll understand why.

Addendum: I inadvertently flicked the wrong switch and permanently deleted spun_cookies post. I even managed to do it so thoroughly, I can't retrieve it. Fortunately, it's quoted here in it's entirety. My apologies Emerald.
    Last edited by jbutler; 03-08-2008 at 14:45.
    Jim Butler
    Straightbourbon.com

Guru

Groovy.... I will stay tuned...

Connoisseur

I'd be interested in a special SB.com bottling, even if it's not Pappy 20 (although that would be amazing). Maybe 4R?
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Connoisseur

Jim,

Being a newbie, last years PVW was the only sb.com bottling I've been in on. However I regret only buying 3 bottles. I plan to remedy that on the next offering. Hope to see you at the sampler.

Stu