Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Guru

Re: Pappy 20 barrel proof specialty bottling

If there is any kind of special bottling and it has the Van Winkle name on it... I'm in.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Enthusiast

I'm in too. At least 2 bottles. And while I would love it to be a PVW product at barrel proof I'd also be happy with most anything. As was suggested 4r BP sounds mighty good.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Guru

While not wishing to be too much of a spoilsport, I think this thread shows that Julian takes a great interest in what we have to say about his wonderful offerings, and maybe we should be careful of going to the well too often lest it dry up completely. The Pappy 23 barrels were a VERY generous gesture on his part given the price we were allowed to buy them for compared to what they usually would have cost us. I can't help but be reminded that each barrel of SW whiskey that goes into the bottle is one less left for posterity. Until his BT distilled whiskey reaches the proper age, it's the lifeblood of his business and his livelihood. I just think we shouldn't push too hard this soon after the last purchase.
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by gr8erdane View Post
    While not wishing to be too much of a spoilsport, I think this thread shows that Julian takes a great interest in what we have to say about his wonderful offerings, and maybe we should be careful of going to the well too often lest it dry up completely. The Pappy 23 barrels were a VERY generous gesture on his part given the price we were allowed to buy them for compared to what they usually would have cost us. I can't help but be reminded that each barrel of SW whiskey that goes into the bottle is one less left for posterity. Until his BT distilled whiskey reaches the proper age, it's the lifeblood of his business and his livelihood. I just think we shouldn't push too hard this soon after the last purchase.

Dane, I like both your post and naivety.

Dane makes a good point and I don't think anyone should be surprised by Julian's response. He stated during the 23yr barrel process it couldn't be BP due to labeling issues.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur

I following this post the other night. For the life of me, I did not see what Nickatmartinis did to get banned. But that is not the purpose of this post nor is it any of my business. I tried to sign up at another bourbon site around the time I signed up for this one (this one is better anyway). But when I put my name, password and other information in, it said I had been banned from the sight. The only problem I have is that I have never been on that sight. I've wondered since that time how I could have been banned never having been on that sight. Anyone know how that would happen?
    Mike
    "Some people were born on third base and think they hit a triple"

Disciple

I had the same problem!

Thomas

Guru

I know which site you are talkig about. Contact the site owner. He has some generic email (----@XXXX.com) addresses (Yahoos, Gmail, etc) blocked. This is due to some overwhelming spam attempts...

The site owner will allow your email address...