Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Is Red Gag dying?

Beam's experiment isn't doing well here in southeastern PA based on talking to some bartenders and that my local store hasn't sold a bottle in over a month. When I was down in Hilton Head this summer the people I spoke to there said it wasn't moving. What's happening in your part of the country? Is this crap going to die out or is it only the first of a line of adulterated bourbon concoctions?
    Illuminati in training

Disciple

Re: Is Red Gag dying?

Somewhere it was reported that Red Stag sold 90,000 cases frome June 1st through Sept. Myrtle Beach had liter bottles of it on the shelf and it seems to be selling. It seems to be selling moderately here in Ohio too!

Thomas

Trippah and Admin

September sales in Ohio show about 1050 units sold wholesale (restaurants/bars) and around 2200 units sold at retail.

3200 units would probably put it in the top 10-12 for American straight whiskey sales in the state.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Disciple

At my local liquor store, it seems to be popular with the college kids!

Thomas

Virtuoso

As I said before... this is going to be an annual release with new flavors coming out every year.

Coming this spring, you'll love this one will be the new and improved
    BANANA STAGG , for all of you in the know it really 35% AVB Jack Daniels. The funny part about this is the price will stay the same and the ABV will go down but the JACK @$$'s will not know the difference.

Keep your eyes peeled

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Virtuoso

you know what else smells strongly of bananas? Kentucky gentleman.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Guru

Bartenders I have talked to locally and as I have travelled have all said that it is quite popular.

Go figure...
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

I have no doubt that it has some popularity with the younger crowd.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Multi-platinum musician Kid Rock announced this weekend a donation of $177,044.50 to Operation Homefront®, a nonprofit organization that supports America’s troops, their families and wounded warriors. Operation Homefront® received a fifty cent donation from every ticket sold during the 25-city Rock N’ Rebels Tour sponsored by Red Stag by Jim Beam™, the new black cherry-infused offspring of the world’s No. 1-selling Bourbon.

In addition to the per-ticket donation, Kid Rock and Red Stag by Jim Beam™ honored individual military heroes and supporters during the tour. Nominated by their friends and family, honorees were presented with tickets to Kid Rock’s concert in their hometown and signed Red Stag by Jim Beam™ guitars.
    Clearly, you people who badmouth Red Stag hate America and don't support the troops.

Guru

Talking Re: Is Red Gag dying?

Its not that I want Beam to fail, I just want Red Stag to go the way of New Coke because I see what Red Stag is doing to our Bourbon heritage.
    Last edited by ILLfarmboy; 10-20-2009 at 18:15.