Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Where's Your Dickel?

It is good, I had a couple that I drank. I did have a bad experience with an early 90's Ducks Unlimited No. 12 bottle though that was awful. I later saw a full one sell for $180 on Ebay and I could have kicked myself for drinking it. I later sold the empty bottle for $50. I guess there are some crazy Dickel collectors out there too just like the Jack freaks.

Connoisseur

Lots of #12 tan label on the shelves down in Maryland. None in any of the "state stores" here in crappy PA.
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Enthusiast

Cascade Hollow has made the MI list but have not seen in any stores. Sounds like its a replacement for #8, but not quite as good. Younger and lower proof than #12. Younger than the old #8? Welcome any tasting comments?
    TJ

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Boozer View Post
    Cascade Hollow has made the MI list but have not seen in any stores. Sounds like its a replacement for #8, but not quite as good. Younger and lower proof than #12. Younger than the old #8? Welcome any tasting comments?
    TJ
    The tasting comments I've seen on Cascade Hollow are that it's crap, really bad, so I've avoided it when I've seen it in IN and KY. If you want some #8 I know where there's some on 8 mile in Detroit.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    Lots of #12 tan label on the shelves down in Maryland. None in any of the "state stores" here in crappy PA.
    Oh but they once sold it in PA. Just another victim of the wine culture in PA.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by The Boozer View Post
    TJ
    it was a replacement to # 8 a couple of years ago because they ran out of juice. i am sure it was just another marketing ploy by diageo because that is what they do...

Disciple

Dickel is gone again in Chi-town. Where the hell did it go? I'm not a fan, but it moves out way to quick. Who took it?

Guru

Cascade Hollow has started showing up in MI, I saw it in a couple stores in a couple different areas this week. Still didn't spring for any. I may eventually get one. Thinking of having a Tennesee Whiskey tasting sometime soon and it might make an appearence.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Enthusiast

I was at an upstart bar in Parkville this past Saturday and the only bourbons availabe were WT101 and Dickel Barrel Select. Not being a fan of WT, I ordered a pour of the Dickel. That is a bourbon I would have passed up if it weren't for the bar, but it's very tasty, simple juice. Knowing that it's $20 a bottle I feel like a fool paying $6.50 a pour, but it's quite good. Next bottle I see is coming home with me.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ+Bourbon View Post
    I was at an upstart bar in Parkville this past Saturday and the only bourbons availabe were WT101 and Dickel Barrel Select. Not being a fan of WT, I ordered a pour of the Dickel. That is a bourbon I would have passed up if it weren't for the bar, but it's very tasty, simple juice. Knowing that it's $20 a bottle I feel like a fool paying $6.50 a pour, but it's quite good. Next bottle I see is coming home with me.
    I agree with you, BBQ. It is quite good. I have always seen the Dickel Barrel Select priced minimally in the lo-mid $30's. So, if you like it, and can get it at $20, you should buy extras.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama