Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: Where's Your Dickel?

The pricing is highly variable on the GDCH too. I've seen it priced below No.8, inbetween No.8 and No.12 and priced higher than No.12...
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Yes, the two Cascade Hollow labels are the same whiskey. They launched CH when there was no No. 8, so they made CH look like No. 8 so people would confuse them. Then, when No. 8 came back, they changed CH to red, so people would not confuse them. Confused?
    Thanks. Is that going to be on the test?

Guru

I found only one store in Chicagoland that had a dozen or so bottles of Dickel 12 and I've been pecking away at them for several months now but was disappointed to discover that somebody else found my stash, as they all disappeared last week. Bummer! I don't go nuts over Dickel 12 like some folks but when I want something light and refreshing it's always a nice choice.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Yes, the two Cascade Hollow labels are the same whiskey. They launched CH when there was no No. 8, so they made CH look like No. 8 so people would confuse them. Then, when No. 8 came back, they changed CH to red, so people would not confuse them. Confused?

Most of the stores I have seen the red and black CH bottles in keep them separated so not to confuse. The labels are very similar though with cascade hollow and No.8 being the only difference on the bottom of the label.
    Rye, The Spice Of Life.

Enthusiast

There are 10 or so bottles of No. 8 in downtown San Antonio, other than that I haven't seen it anywhere else.
    Jason
    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

2010 Fantasy Football Champion

Guru

There may be a dearth of Dickel in the Chicagoland area but there's plenty No. 12 around here. I picked up a bottle of the No. 12 today. (I payed $22 somthin') Having some right now...........

I haven't seen any No. 8 for a couple years........ Never even seen the Cascade Hollow
    Last edited by ILLfarmboy; 02-20-2009 at 20:40.

Guru

Saw the Cascade Hollow @ Liquour Barn in Louisville (black and red bottles), but most surprising was that I saw more #8 than I have ever seen in Covington KY. I even found a place with four handles of the stuff.

I can personally confirm that the Cork & Bottle off of I-75 in Covington is now completely out of #8.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I can personally confirm that the Cork & Bottle off of I-75 in Covington is now completely out of #8.
    Nice work, Josh!
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    Nice work, Josh!
    Thanks! but I had help . I saw the handles after we left C & B and went into another place looking for something else. I wanted to get them, but I had already spent too much. They continue to haunt me.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I found only one store in Chicagoland that had a dozen or so bottles of Dickel 12 and I've been pecking away at them for several months now but was disappointed to discover that somebody else found my stash, as they all disappeared last week. Bummer! I don't go nuts over Dickel 12 like some folks but when I want something light and refreshing it's always a nice choice.
    It's (#12) finally showing up again in Chicagoland. Looks to be back at full strength with respect availability.