Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Here is another picture taken in the 1966 Continental Bottle House Last fall, one of some others I have to put up yet.
    Dave
    Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    ======================================
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disciple

Here is another shot of the Singer Bottling Machines in Building O. The Bottle House is so big it takes a long time getting shots and most of it is so dark. I hope to get some more one of these days
    Dave Z
    ===================================

Disciple

Here is a couple Pictures of the Bottle Of Kinsey Silver that Ludy gave me plus some of the other Empty Collectable bottles he gave me. First two Pictures are the 4/5 Pint of Kinsey Silver which I enjoyed two shots from, next a old Kinsey Gold bottle 1944, and a old Kinsey clear bottle 1942, Next one I have wanted for years an Old Treasure whiskey Bottle, then a mini Pinwinnie Bottle 1/10 with its box! I listened to a few stories from Ludy and got a rare picture of the Distillery in 1937 which I borrowed and will post on my Memories thread! These Bottles were all bottled at the Linfield Bottling house 1966
    Dave Z
    =========================================
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 05-19-2008 at 06:30.

Disciple

Dave,
    What kind of whiskey is Old Treasure? I see that it is blended in Belgum???

Jeff Mo.

Disciple

Jeff The Information I have found states that Old Treasure ,was yes from Belgum and was completely blended of 12 year old straight Whiskeys! It states on the Bottle Every Drop of this fine Whiskey is 12 years Old! Its smoothness can only be achieved through this careful Long aging! 86 Proof. They imported it and botted it at Linfield and Lemont Ill Bottle house. Boy makes me wish it was a full bottle, bet it was super stuff! PS the bottle date on the bottom is 12-66 the year I started there Distillery D-90 their number.
    Dave Z
    ===================================

Disciple

Well I went for another walk in total drakness for the sake of History and here are a few more 1966 Bottle House pictures from Kinsey! Sometimes I think I must be nuts crawling through weeds, ticks and holes to get there, then walking in Must, mildew, mold and bad air for history but it is a passion of mine to get all the pictures I can for the history of Kinsey Distillery, and even though I have bad Asthma I still go and do it for the love of the history of Kinsey. Here are some new Bottling house pictures I even climbed up on to the Platform where they had some more Tanks to get shots. I hope everyone enjoys these. Pic 1 is a safety sign the other side of a two sided one.
    Pic 2 & 3 are Bottling Machines pic 4 another shot of the Tax seal machine it cut & numbered all tax seals, note old seals laying there with gloves as if they were coming back! Pic 5,6,7,8,9 are the tank platform and Piping I climbed to get pictures, and pIC 10 IS THE HOLE IN THE WALL FOR THE FIRRST LINE NUMBER 1 A.
    Dave Z
    Old Hickory America's most Magnificent Bourbon
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 06-01-2008 at 19:58.

Disciple

I have to admit even though it is moldy and dirty in the 1966 Bottle house now, it is always exciting for me to get there and find things to get pictures of to preserve for History and I enjoyed climbing the Platform to get the pictures of the tanks! When I am in there I think of the many People who worked in the bottling around 500 on two shifts! Names Like Ludy and Bud & Pappy and so many People I can think back and see them working there. On the Publicker Brosure I put a picture of here on the thread Bottling machines and other stuff were pictures of the Linfield Bottle house inside and the Bigler street Industrial bottle house at that time and Ludy when I gave him a copy saw a Lady he knew in one of the Pictures on the far right standing on a Platform there, Her name He said was Josephine Peiffer If you go to Pic set seven on the thread bottling machines and other stuff on the bottom row of the brosure second pic I think, pictures far right on it last pic you will see a actual picture of her in the Continental 1966 bottle house doing industrial Alcohol ! These Memories will now be saved do to the Pictures and stories, they are stories of a great Company and the Great work force they had and a Chairman who was a born Leader of Men and always took the chances that paid off to make the company a great Leader in what they did, Mr Si Neuman!
    Dave Z
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 06-02-2008 at 07:30.

Disciple

I am hoping when colder weather comes to get some more 1966 Bottle House Pictures as it is so dark and so big a building that I have to be careful the Flash light does not die when in there. All the tanks on the above picture are labeled things like Rubbing Alcohol and were being used in the early to mid 1980's till 1986 when they still made industrial Alcohol plus solvents and Custom Whiskeys for sale to others bulk. Also made and Bottled Anitfreeze theirs and other companys like Esso, Shell Mobil and many more even Pine Oil. It is always hard for me to see it rotting there, I find myself wishing I could buy it and fix all the buildings up and that I could have some how saved the old #12, and wish I could save the remaining Old Buildings out front. But I will keep it alive by writting and telling of what was an Amazing Place!
    Dave Z
    Old Hickory America's most Magnificent Bourbon
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Disciple

Post Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

This sunday I went through with my New High power Digital camera and got a few new shots inside the 1966 Continental Distilling Bottling house which that year was the worlds largest and most High Tech bottling house for Whiskey!
    Here are some of the shots
    Pic 1. Front Docks to service Box cars and trucks at the same time note How long this building is as when you see the Inside pictures you can not see by eye from one end to the other.
    The Building was setup with 4 basic rooms, front room end coming from Building H side warehousing of Filled cases of Whiskey and Plant Maintaince on the back side. all rooms had docks. Section 2 Lines bottling and of finished Product going to warehouse end to be skided through wall, Lab Lunch Room and Offices on the back side. Section 3 Loading of Bottles and all stuff needed Lines begin. And section 4 all the way at the far end Tankage of incoming Whiskeys from Big Black tanks Pic 2.Black tanks.
    Pic 3. Looking toward far end these shots were taken in total darkness I pointed My Flashilight then holding my New camera in one hand turned off the light holding the camera in that direction and took the pictures some of them look like the lights are on great Nikon Camera!

Pic 4. Looking toward the Warehouse H side of the Bottle House
    Pic 5. Another looking that way
    Pic 6. thru 7. Bottling House Lunch room Old Vending Machine for Pastry can be seen
    Pic 8.thru 14 what was the Linfield State of Art Laboratory
    Pic 15. Line B-2 coming from section 3
    Pic 16. Line B-2 in section 3 note Emergency Light above it was state of art those days to have this so my Safety Guy where I work now says
    Pic. 17 & 18 Takage above
    Pic 19. Pipes coming from section 4 incoming whiskey
    Pic 20.Looking back toward Lab & Lunch room
    Pic 21.thru 23.Safety Signs
    Pic 24 Looking back toward end near Warehouse H
    Pic Fire Box Location.
    Hope these are enjoyable I have fire Tower Pictures Plant pictures and old from Bottle house and Mantaince Barn pictures to post later.

I am very Pleased at how good the Pitch dark pictures turned out and will go back to get Tankage shots in the 1966 Bottling house soon as you can see from the Pictures it is dirty and bad air so most times i wear a mask and do not stay long!
    Dave Z

Disciple

Post Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

While taking Pictures in the 1966 Bottling house I found a folder of pictures and parts discription for the Bottling machines they were using I scaned them and will now post them. I also have the written manual pages. I brought them home to save them for Distillery History. These were real Black and white photos and I hope they are readable. The booklet says on the cover for Bottling Line A-1 which is one of the the Pictures I posted yesterday where Line A-1 came through and part of it.

If you look on the page before Pictures 14 & 18 are Line A-1! That was the line these bottle machinces were on. Also if you look at the second to last picture here you can see bottles on the Bottling Machine in the Picture.
    Dave Z
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 11-12-2008 at 03:15.