Well Sat April 2 and April 25 day afer Easter I made trips into Kinsey to see how bad it is right now, I took some pictuers which I will post on all 3 threads according to what the picture is.
1. Going into the Plant on Monday looking from the front gate.
2. Front dock along the 1966 Bottle House
3. Another front shot of the 1966 Bottle house as trees and weeds take over the dock which once could service 3 box cars and 10 trucks at a time.
4.Front and side of the Big 2 football field long 1/2 football field+ wide bottle house.
5. Side view of Bottling house to show how wide it was besides long.
6. Front Water Tower and side of the bottle house.
7. Last remaining Continental Distilling truck vandelized and trees making it disappear back dock of the 1966 bottle house.
8. Trees taking over the tall black Whiskey inlet tanks to the incoming side of the bottle house.
I will post more plant pictures today on the other two Threads it gets harder to stand the longer the place sits rotting.
To think over 200+ people worked just in the Bottling house and now the only work going on is the rain water destroying the building and the vandels doing all they can to strip it of its famous history.
If I could go back in time to April 1979 they would be bottling Old Hickory and all out other Products right now. Men would be rolling Barrels in the warehouses and the Old Kinsey Bottle house would be cranking out Liquors.
Those really Were The Days My Friends
It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
America's Most Magnificent Bourbon