Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Post Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

I picked up the base for my Last Distillery parts lamp I am making I will be getting the lamp back from the electrcian this week some time and will post the complete Lamp them. Thanks to Rod for Climbing up in the old Grain process building to get me the last lamp of this early turn of the century Type.
    1. The Base made for the Lamp
    2. The Small Green Porcelen shade for the lamp
    3. The Lamp when I started building it, it now has a securtiy check box with a key from the old Warehouse C on top of the switch, which when I get it back I will take a picture of the whole thing and post it.

The explosion proof fixture on top of the shade is from the very early 1900's.

I have made a place in front of my bottles next to my other 2 lamps. These lamps when I am gone will forever be a part of the plant and what it was like working there when I did.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ====
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Disciple

Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

I decided to take a walk around Kinsey today on fathers day and I am truely amazed at the ruin there now! Vandels painting weird stuff on the warehouses like they do in the city. Buildings leaking lots of water.

And as far as weeds and trees, you can hardly see the 1966 bottle house. Some of the warehouses docks are disappearing with weeds and Virginia Creeper. I took a couple of pictures I will post this week.

The whole walk through is awful, and unbelieveable. In my wildest dreams I would never have thought this could happen to Kinsey. I am all the more glad I have saved what I have from there. There is not much left to save and not to long before all the buildings start to fall down.

One Thing I want to state for History the Man who owns the Plant is the one and only one to blame for this. May his name be thought of as the name of criminal and
    a terrible person in history!

Jacob G Kinsey started the Plant, Si Neuman bought the plant at auction and loved it and the man who owns it now destroyed it. What he did to the plant is a crime and he should hold his head down in shame.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ============
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 06-17-2012 at 15:52.

Disciple

Today I went over the see what had burned yesterday at Kinsey and I was very sad! They completely Knocked down the Old DSP-PA-10 Rye Barn, to get to the fire, I am so glad I saved the side of the Staircase. Also Warehouse D is completely gone and more then half of warehouse E. Also Historic 1892 Warehouse B is competely gone. 1892 warehouse A survived and some of the Old Bottle House is still there, On a strange twist of fate, You have to go in from the road and the back side of the old bottle house that was partly down is gone. In another strange twist of fate in walking into the Old Bottle house today I found a scew on cage I had carried from the old #10 Rye barn building about a week ago and forgot, so in taking it there it is the only surviving one I brought it home to Kinsey west!

I took many pictures and I am going to get many more tomorrow which I will post on the Fire Observation tower thread!
    In another sad twist of fate Warehouse E had a heavy lock put on by Continental many years ago and no one not even me had ever got in it. It turns out after seeing half of it still standing that the roof was good on it and had not leaked and the floors had been ok all these years till the fire spread to it. The wood on the last standing racks looks almost like new. makes me wish I could have gotten in it before this happened. Looking at the fallen brick walls they were 4 and 3 bricks thick, I never knew that so I guess when Jacob G Kinsey built them he was trying in his own way to make them sort of explosion proof!

It was in warehouse E that I had the very first rye whiskey I ever had and there was where the whiskey was for the 20 year old Old Hickory Bourbon!
    Dave Z
    ================================================== =============
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

Im guessing that fire extinguisher that we found still full, last time I was up there is under rubble. Im going to have to sort through the pictures I have taken there and start a new thread with them. I'm probably going to be planning a trip up there for late August or September.

Disciple

Yes Mike it is under tons of bricks and sadly about two weeks ago I looked at it and sort of wished I had pulled it out of there and put it some where. I took a explosion proof light srew on cover with the glass broken out from Dsp-pa-10 rye barn into the old kinsey bottle house a week ago and forgot it, and because I did it survived and is home with me.

The person who ran the excavator knocked down stuff he did not need to. The fire never got into warehouse E nothing was burnt in that building but they still ripped the wall down and tore some racks down when there was no need and I hate to say it but I hate them for doing that when there was no need to. I can't help it I loved those old Kinsey warehouses and the most amazing Bourbon came from that warehouse the 20 yr old Old Hickory Special bourbon. Tonight I climbed all the way down in warehouse D to take a picture of the Elevator in warehouse D. It was sort of scary as I went there by myself but I wanted a picture of what was left. I climbed down loose piles of bricks way down not even thinking of how I would get out. I made it back up thank God with out falling but it was scary. I also got my last floor lamp I built back from the electrican today and I am going to post some pictures of it tomorow.

PS look at my other 2 threads for the pictures I posted of what the fire did to the old warehouses!
    Dave Z --- Ps Look forward to getting together with you Mike!
    ================================================== ========================================
    It Seems All the Nicest People drink Old Hickory

Be careful Dave!

Disciple

Hey Rod Here are a couple of pictures of my new lamp with my other lamps. I will post some shots in the 1966 Bottling house later this week here. Just got the goose neck Lamp back yesterday from the electrian. The explosion proof housing and Green shade is from the old Grain process building 1892 gotten for me by Rod many thanks. The pilot light is from warehouse C and the Detex Clock watch station box is from warehouse C. The Switch is from warehouse I and the goose neck pipe is from the weigh & Scale House at the back of the plant. The complete Lamp is built from Kinsey stuff except the base and bottom pipe.
    Here are 3 pictures of my new Lamp with the goose neck and 1 with my other two lamps. Also a picture of an old Continental Distilling Bottle My Friend got at a yard sale, and one I have never seen Old Harbor Blended Whisky. Bottle is coded 1940. Wish I would have found it!

I have one more project yet my lamp being made from the elevator explosion proof light housing in the middle of a pilot light and a explosion proof switch. I posted a picture of it waiting to be wired a couple of weeks ago. It will sit on the top of the cabinet near the front door to give me light when I come home in the dark during the winter months. Also I have a small lamp shade with vintage Continental Distilling whisky labels on it, that was on a lamp at the companies headquarters in Phila on my friend who ran Marking for Publicker Industries desk back in the day. I plan to sit it on the lamp when it is done. I will post a picture of the shade soon. It even has a Linfield Straight Bourbon Label on it.
    Dave Z
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 07-03-2012 at 20:37.

Disciple

Tonight I want to post a couple more shots of my Lamps and the lamp shade I will use for my little table top lamp when I get it back this shade will sit right on top of the old Elevator explosion proof light fixture.
    1. My Shade given to me by my friend who ran Marketing for Publicker, he had it on a bottle lamp on his desk at the world headquarters on Chestnut street in Phila. note the rare Linfield Borbon labal.

2. Other side has vintage Kinsey Labal.
    3. My Lettered Barrel staves made for me by Fricky a couple of yrs ago, I finally rearanged my displace after getting my lamps.
    4. My brass Barrel Stencil given me by my friend who ran marketing for Publicker. Dated 1945.
    5.My two Phones of 3 I got from Kinsey the wall phone was from warehouse M, the explosion proof one is from warehouse P both are operating. On my desk at work I have the multi line one from the General office in the bottle house.
    6. The wall phone note Ext. 225 1940 model rebuiltin 1975 marked inside
    7. The Explosion Proof one note ext 227 also a 1940 model
    8. My Lights again.
    I will post some pictures I got inside the 1966 bottling house here later this week, also I will be posting some more fire pictures on my other threads.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ==========================
    America's ost Magnificent Bourbon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 07-04-2012 at 17:51.

Guru

Dave, I hope you don't get the occasional earthquake tremble in your area....would hate to see those bottles drop!

Guru

Dave, cool it!
    You are creeping me out,....also all those other threads, stay away from that place, it obviously has got you F'ed up.
    Free yourself for your own sake!
    ovh