Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Disciple

Post Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

When it came to bottling Whiskey in the late 1960's and 1970's The Continental Distilling Bottle house at Kinsey was second to none. In those days it was the worlds biggest and also did many custom jobs for Seagrams, Jacquins and many more.
    1. Here is an Old Kinsey Whisky Match Pack for Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky!
    2. The Old Security Shack sitting across from where it sat when I worked there in Ruin!
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disciple

Our state of the Art Bottling house in Linfield had so much capacity that we did much custom bottling for the world biggest Distillers besides are own stuff! Also when it opened in Sept of 1966 there were people from all over the world taking tours of Our Bottling house. In its peak there were about 500 people working there in two shifts. We had so much capacity we ownly needed two shifts 5 days a week back then.

It pains me to see the bottling House destroyed by vandels, who wreck everything they can not steal! It will always be my Favorite place to have worked and to Me trurly an Icon of distilling!
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disciple

Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    Our state of the Art Bottling house in Linfield had so much capacity that we did much custom bottling for the world biggest Distillers besides are own stuff! Also when it opened in Sept of 1966 there were people from all over the world taking tours of Our Bottling house. In its peak there were about 500 people working there in two shifts. We had so much capacity we ownly needed two shifts 5 days a week back then.

It pains me to see the bottling House destroyed by vandels, who wreck everything they can not steal! It will always be my Favorite place to have worked and to Me trurly an Icon of distilling!
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dave -

I love history and really enjoy hearing first hand experiences. Your sharing of your experiences at Continental are just awesome. It is like reading history in the first person. Your passion is apparent. Thank you for sharing this experience with us!

mbroo

Disciple

Mbroo When I go there My mind takes me back to those days. I can see see Old Bonda Berky driving his 1951 Pylmouth directing truck traffic with his always present 1/2 pint of Whisky. He would come in early to go to the Old Warehouses to look the best whiskey Possible. And even though Bonda drove around the Plant he never drove on the highway his whole life! His Wife drove them everywhere and it was said she was why He drank sometimes. My Friend and Former Major League Baseball player Gus Niarhos, Played for the Yankees, Phillies Ect, as he got older would spend his winters working at Kinsey Distillery instead of going down to South America to manage winter ball teams. In the summer He managed th New Port News minor league team.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ====
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 07-29-2013 at 06:41.

Disciple

Nothing fits this thread more then the Next 3 Pictures of Ads for one of the all time Products that used to be bottled at Linfield in the 1966 Bottling house back in the day!
    Here are 3 of many very Neat ads from Continental Distilling for the Scotch they created and it was also the Name Si S. Neuman gave to his home on the Main Line out of Phila. He Named His House Inverhouse back in the 1930's before he used it for this amazingly afordable Scotch.
    Dave Z
    ==================================================
    Invers In Boston,Invers In France!
    Inverhouse was a very great and Historic product it opened the way for the working man to have a good Scotch to drink and Mr Neuman always looked for ways to make Our Products afordable to any and all class's of people!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disciple

Here are some more Pictures of Products that once came from Kinsey Plant in Linfield where I worked.
    Picture 1. Is another ad for Rittenhouse Rye our alltime bigest selling Rye Whiskey.
    Picture 2. An ad for Philadelphia Blended Whiskey
    Picture 3. A picture of the Glen Flagler Distillery in Scotland the year was 1965.
    hanks again to Butch for these Pictures!
    Dave Z.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

Guru

Dave can you say how many years Rittenhouse was made at Continental?
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Disciple

Squire it was made by us from fall 1933 till sept 1979, 46 yrs when they quit making whiskeys! Tried doing nothing but Antifreeze and home cleaners only, till they went out of business in Sept 1986! It was one of worst days I can remember! It was the first Whiskey I ever drank, had it straight from the barrel out of warehouse E now gone struck by lightening last winter! It was named for Rittenhouse square in Philadelphia! Dave Z

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    When it came to bottling Whiskey in the late 1960's and 1970's The Continental Distilling Bottle house at Kinsey was second to none. In those days it was the worlds biggest and also did many custom jobs for Seagrams, Jacquins and many more.
    1. Here is an Old Kinsey Whisky Match Pack for Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky!
    2. The Old Security Shack sitting across from where it sat when I worked there in Ruin!
    Dave Z
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I remember that guard shack well. It was where the school bus dropped me off. I'd walk in, the guards would call my grandmother and I'd sit there until she drove up from the back of the property to get me. My Dad and I lived with my Mom's parents for a few months while he started his new job in NJ. My mom and three brothers joined us after Dad had found a house in NJ.
    A man's got to know his limitations.

-Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

Disciple

I sure remember your Grandmom picking you when I worked on the yard gang. As I have said Many times your Grandfather always had my Highest Respect. I alway called Him Mr Bryant! He was a very good man. So sad the place sits as it does, When He came there was so much excitment about the new Bottle house and I got my job because of it. Best to you Chuck!
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ===================
    It Seems All Teh Nicest People Drink Old Hickory