Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Disciple

Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Sunday I got a chance to walk around Kinsey again! Looking at the 1966 Bottling House you could not see it for the tree's and over growth. It is so sad to see it the way it is, when I remember how beautiful it was when it opened in Sept 1966. I met some people from Penn University in Phila and showed them around. They were doing a story for Collage about the place. I told them about how is was back then. Those days there were good paying jobs and lots of hope for the future. I am very glad I was young then!
    Dave Z
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Disciple

Post Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Here is something as rare as can be? I have the plate that Si Neuman had on the front of his Bentley Rolls! And here is a picture I just took of it outside my garage! This is one of many amazing things I got this weekend. I will be posting stuff on all 3 threads as fast as I can. Mr Neuman would come up during the week about once a month pak just down from the warehouses and walk into the 1966 Bottle house by himself many times,one time Ludy told me he walked up to him and asked how he was doing.
    Dave Z
    ========================================
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disciple

Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Last Sunday Ethan and his wife went with me to Kinsey one last time before winter sets in. It is terrible to see how the place looks now, just going to total ruin. We walked around for a couple of hours the joy is gone seeing things the way they are. But My memories are still great of that amazing place.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ===
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey for Unhurried Moments