Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Disciple

Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Sunday I got a chance to walk around Kinsey again! Looking at the 1966 Bottling House you could not see it for the tree's and over growth. It is so sad to see it the way it is, when I remember how beautiful it was when it opened in Sept 1966. I met some people from Penn University in Phila and showed them around. They were doing a story for Collage about the place. I told them about how is was back then. Those days there were good paying jobs and lots of hope for the future. I am very glad I was young then!
    Dave Z
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Disciple

Post Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Here is something as rare as can be? I have the plate that Si Neuman had on the front of his Bentley Rolls! And here is a picture I just took of it outside my garage! This is one of many amazing things I got this weekend. I will be posting stuff on all 3 threads as fast as I can. Mr Neuman would come up during the week about once a month pak just down from the warehouses and walk into the 1966 Bottle house by himself many times,one time Ludy told me he walked up to him and asked how he was doing.
    Dave Z
    ========================================
    It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory
    America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disciple

Last Sunday Ethan and his wife went with me to Kinsey one last time before winter sets in. It is terrible to see how the place looks now, just going to total ruin. We walked around for a couple of hours the joy is gone seeing things the way they are. But My memories are still great of that amazing place.
    Dave Z
    ================================================== ===
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey for Unhurried Moments

Disciple

Yesterday I saw My Old Friend Jake Kinsey's great Nephew Al Landis 96 yrs old Laid to rest. Al told me many things about Jake Kinsey, Like his habit before Prohibition to Have One Shot of Rye every Morning, in the Kinsey office that stood next to the Old Kinsey Bottle House. It was Al who told me about Mr Si Neuman sending Al's Father Horace who was master Distiller at Kinsey DSP-PA-12 in Linfield to Scotland to teach the operating of the Inver- House Stills! A whole Lot of information died with Al and He was a wonderful Man!
    Dave Z
    ================================================== =
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    Yesterday I saw My Old Friend Jake Kinsey's great Nephew Al Landis 96 yrs old Laid to rest. Al told me many things about Jake Kinsey, Like his habit before Prohibition to Have One Shot of Rye every Morning, in the Kinsey office that stood next to the Old Kinsey Bottle House. It was Al who told me about Mr Si Neuman sending Al's Father Horace who was master Distiller at Kinsey DSP-PA-12 in Linfield to Scotland to teach the operating of the Inver- House Stills! A whole Lot of information died with Al and He was a wonderful Man!
    Dave Z
    ================================================== =
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments
    A nice long life to be celebrated, have a pour or two Dave!

Disciple

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT A Kinsey Bourbon will be released in Mid March and a Kinsey Blended with the old Kinsey Silver label! I am to get a tour of the Distillery in March sometime I am looking forward to it! It is great to see Kinsey Return and to have seen Old Hickory coming Back in Tenna. I feel blessed to see the brands I remember so well from my Youth when I worked for Publicker so Many years ago! I am sipping some new Kinsey Rye tonight and Loving it!
    Dave Z
    ======================
    Join The Swing To Kinsey
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 02-13-2015 at 19:35.

Disciple

I am sipping some new Kinsey Rye tonight and Loving it!
    I am so happy that you are able to enjoy a renaissance of the brand that has been such a big part of your life. Enjoy, my friend. You have earned it!

Guru

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT A Kinsey Bourbon will be released in Mid March and a Kinsey Blended with the old Kinsey Silver label! I am to get a tour of the Distillery in March sometime I am looking forward to it! It is great to see Kinsey Return and to have seen Old Hickory coming Back in Tenna. I feel blessed to see the brands I remember so well from my Youth when I worked for Publicker so Many years ago! I am sipping some new Kinsey Rye tonight and Loving it!
    Dave Z
    ======================
    Join The Swing To Kinsey
    Dave, I have to think your dedicated posting here and keeping the brand awareness alive, had some not too small a part in the revival.
    Who knows Dave, maybe your old distillery may find life again. If it does, it should be called Kinsey Phoenix Distillery as an acknowldgement to the reborn nature of the place.
    Last edited by Jono; 02-17-2015 at 09:27.