Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Guru

Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Well here are 8 more Pictures from my trip through Kinsey on Sunday afternoon!
    1.Another shot of the 1966 Bottling House.
    2. The Front Water Tower.
    3. Bottling house and water Tower.
    4. Back of Warehouse C fire Escape.
    5. Q Ware house the Fire Observation tower Building now after a new fire last week, third one in the building.
    6. S Warehouse walls falling apart.
    7. Grain Silo and Grain rying Buildings.
    8. The Old Grain Process Building one of the oldest buildings there roof falling in.

Here I am back 12 years after my first trip back and the Kinsey Distillery is a total Loss,I can not believe what I see. The Vandel's have had their fun and Kinsey is in ruins. How sad for me to see this now that Kinsey Whiskey has returned to the Market and Old Hickory is being made in Tenna! Si Neuman would turn over in his grave to see his Beautiful Distillery by the river like this.

Dave Z
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kinsey The Unhurried Whisky For Unhurried Moments
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru

Sad indeed Dave.
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Guru

Joe Very much like Life today! Worked all my Life gave my Best years, only to be forced to retire and can't find a job anywhere! In the Old days there were jobs no matter your age. And Kinsey was such a great place to work. Breaks my Heart to see what has happened.
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guru

Post Re: A trip in to the Old Continental Bottle house 1966 State of the Art

Here is a picture of Gus Niarhos when He played with the Phillies! Gus Lived in Phoenixville Pa, and was a company Man at Kinsey Many years in the warehouse's during the Winter when he was not managing the Minor League team in Virginia called the Newport News. Gus many years later retired and moved back to Virginia where he passed on. I always loved when Gus was with the gang I was working with he was funny and made the day go great. I loved watching Gus roar around the Plant in one of the old Plymouth Company Cars bang shifting the gears! Everyone just loved working with Gus and there was no better person to be friends with. Wherever Gus was there was Great Fun.
    Dave Z
    ---------------------------------------------

Guru

I am very Happy to say Tonight I am drinking the New 86 Proof Kinsey Rye and it is awesome! Finished my Bottle of 7 year old Straight and enjoyed every drop. This Tuesday I am being picked up in the Early Am and taken to Philadelphia to the New Kinsey Distilling plant, Liberty Distilling a division of Millstone Spirits to tour the Distillery and have lunch and then sip some new future Products. The people running this company are awesome and I am proud to be friends with them! If you can get some of the New Kinsey Whiskey's give them a try! They will be bringing a Bourbon out soon! Kinsey is going to be in FL, SC,NC, and DeL and Pa.
    Also in the near future they will bring back their version of Kinsey Silver Blended. I look forward to trying all their fine products. I am so proud to be part of the return of Kinsey whisky and look to see their products being a joy to people who enjoy good Whisky! Try Kinsey You Will Like It!! My new saying for Kinsey!
    Cheers to Charles and Robert!
    Dave Z
    ==========================================
    Join The Swing to Kinsey
    Last edited by dave ziegler; 05-16-2015 at 20:28.