Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

Re: The end of Weller Centennial?

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    OK, well, I went a little overboard. I got news that this Single Barrel done by a California retailer was Stitzel Weller, so I bought most of it. A very good Single Barrel. A few of the bottles are from the Old Charter PR Single Barrel they did, but most is Weller Centennial.

I am broke, but happy.
    So is it SW? And most importantly....is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    So is it SW? And most importantly....is it good?
    The GM/Spirits Buyer, Jason, contacted Bill Hart at Sazerac Company who he apparently arranged the purchase through, Bill in turn got the information from Kris Comstock that it was SW. It tasted like it to me and I put it up next to a L'ville labeled centennial and the noses are pretty much identical. I then put it up next to a pappy20 and it shows many similarities.

But most importantly, yes Dawn, it is very good in my humble opinion. I wouldn't have cleaned them out if it wasn't.

I should also point out that I didn't do this to hoard it, I fully intend to share, I just didn't want it going to any lurkers with all the talk of this being discontinued going on. Follow? So if anyone wants to swap and give it a try I'll be glad to spread it around.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

So, Christian, how many bottles did you get, exactly -- looks like either 32 or 38, at least? (I want to know just how early I need to put my order in to SB.com's new 'go-to' guy for Weller Centennial You'll regret that pocketbook hit soon enough!)
    Tim

Guru

[quote=Virus_Of_Life;116055]But most importantly, yes Dawn, it is very good in my humble opinion. I wouldn't have cleaned them out if it wasn't. [quote]

I am looking forward to comparing it to the 13yr Julio’s version. I definitely want to hear your thoughts on the two.