Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBoozer View Post
    This weekend I visited about 6 stores. Picked up a Dickel because I tried a #8 and didn't like it all that much so thought I give it another shot.

Last stop was the best where i found some Saz and Ardbeg.

EC 12 for $12.99
    Dickel #12 -$22
    Sazerac 18 2007(2) - $59
    Ardbeg 10 - $45

You should like the Dickle #12 a little better, I know I sure did!

Quote Originally Posted by sotnsipper View Post
    Today we made a trip through "Jack" and "George" country (Lynchburg and Tullahoma). I did happen to stop in and pick up a bottle of Bourbon. I ran across a bottle of Evan Williams white label. I cannot buy this stuff in my area. I bought a small bottle the last time I was in Chattanooga and really enjoyed it, so I got a bigger bottle today. I am pretty excited about kicking back with it tonight. I also found another bottle of Rittenhouse Rye about a week ago. The store that usually carries that in my area was out . I love a good glass of the Rittenhouse then finishing off with the Evan Williams. I have been stuck with the black label for some time so am pretty excited about the white label. I think I am going to pick up a bottle of either WT101 or JB Black this weekend. I have had the WT before and really enjoyed it but have not tried the JB as of yet, so I'll go with the smaller bottle. Still in search of the Old Granddad in my area. I do tend to lead towards the rye'd whiskeys more, I love the bite they have.

I would get the WT again and skip the jb black... as i think the wt is much better. I even think the EW black is better then jb black.....

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by drli View Post
    I didnt know that Van Winkle 12 year old was available??
    Yep, A local higher end liquor store has a few bottles of it.
    As he removed the cork from the bottle of bourbon, he threw it across the room and said, "we ain't gonna need that no more".

Advanced Taster

I bought a bottle of 12 yr old,Old Charter..they only had 3 bottles left in the Liquor Barn on Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville..LB has virtually no Rip Van Winkle...Only 3 bottles of the 90 proof 10 yr old..Wish they would get more in...and soon..

Enthusiast

Small purchase today:

WT Rare Breed
    Liter of WT 101
    PVW 20 yo

Disciple

I finally located a bottle of Old Kentucky Tavern BIB. I have been looking for a bottle for quite some time. A few days ago, thanks to a fellow SB member, I found out that Ohio's Liquor Control Dept. had updated its website. I looked through the bourbon listings and found it on the list. I made a call and found out a store a few miles from my workplace had some. Even though it isn't a dusty, I'm still glad to finally have a bottle!

Thomas

Guru

Found a number of bottles of Old Fitz BIB DSP-KY16 (sorry they are spoken for) and also picked up a bottle of Willett Pot Still. Not a bad day of shopping.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Guru

Went shopping today and did something I promised my wife I wouldn't do....buy bourbon. My store isn't open yet and as such I don't have income coming in so therefore, bourbon purchases have been on hold since late last year. I was doing some dusty looking over the last couple of days and today I was struck by bourbon demon. My brother and I walked into a store today and lo and behold what was on the shelf?

2x 2000 Saz 18
    1x 2000 ER 17

I had no choice but to purchase both of the Saz 18's and the ER 17. My wife has been somewhat understanding.....

I also found a 1984 Old Overholt, a couple 200's of Early Times KSBW from early 80's, maybe even late 70's (no UPC) and a tax stamped Town Tavern of which I know nothing about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Connoisseur

Greg and I teamed up on this trip. For the rest of the trip, including the rest of a 2000 BTAC collection, luck under Collectibles, or click here.
    • • •
    Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche

Guru

I go my Very Old St Nick 25yr in today ... I want to open it, but need to kill some bottles first...