Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    Trippah and Admin

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

We're on vacation in Myrtle Beach this week and I found a really nice liquor in the area. Their website said that they had ORVW 15/107 but the manager said that their site is out of date. They've got Lot B, Pappy 15 and 20 and ORVW 10/90 instead though the prices on the Van Winkle stuff are nothing stellar.

I ended up with an ORVW 10/90 and it's darn good. It won the lottery since it has a screw top and I can transport a partial bottle of it 700 miles back home without spilling it all over the trunk of the car.

They do have the the entire 2007 BTAC (the manager said that they got South Carolina's entire allotment) along with a couple of 375's of the Cab Franc BTex, though the BTex is way out of my price range for the size.

I'm torn between the BTAC ER17, Saz18 and the Thomas Handy Sazerac since I only want to take one other bottle home with me. I've got a sneaking suspicion that I may end up with more than one take home.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Taster

I stopped at my neighborhood Spec's Liquor in downtown Houston and picked up two bottles of Old Grand-Dad 114 for $20.95 each. Later on I intend to crack one of these bottles, fill up one of my 1963 West Virginia Centennial rocks glasses with ice and pour away--a great summer drink will then await me.

Virtuoso

With all the talk about the pewter-top WTKS, I decided to spring for some more of the 1996 issue that I've known about for awhile, at a great price too. Also picked up some more Weller Antique 1997 Louisville bottling, absolutely love the stuff.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    I'm torn between the BTAC ER17, Saz18 and the Thomas Handy Sazerac since I only want to take one other bottle home with me. I've got a sneaking suspicion that I may end up with more than one take home.
    If you have room for an extra bottle of Saz 18, buy one for me.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Quote Originally Posted by gblick View Post
    With all the talk about the pewter-top WTKS, I decided to spring for some more of the 1996 issue that I've known about for awhile, at a great price too. Also picked up some more Weller Antique 1997 Louisville bottling, absolutely love the stuff.
    Gus, you better hope I don't ever roll through Houston! I'd be totally jealous, but, then again, it is Texas after all! Ok jokes aside Texas is by far the state with the best dusty selection and I am jealous... But, just look at it! It better have something good to offer, it's TEXAS! Thank you, I'll be here all week!....

I must admit I am bitter after getting stuck in Dallas on each leg of my recent cross country trip!

BACK ON TOPIC, I bought a 1990 EW Single Barrel because I need to take things like that with me when I move back to Oregon soon. Gus, all the jokes aside, I wouldn't be leaving any WTKS from 96 or L'ville Weller Antique sitting on shelves but that's just me!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    I wouldn't be leaving any WTKS from 96 or L'ville Weller Antique sitting on shelves but that's just me!
    me to

ovh

Disciple

Well, obviously y'all fail to understand the type of community we have here. Just a few weeks ago one of the Houston members was kind enough to tell me where there were plenty of dusties. I was only in for a few hours, but managed to pick up about a case of great labels. The thing is...I left plenty on the shelves for that member to retrieve at his leasure, also letting him know what I saw and where to find them. That's how it is done here.

Sorry you had a bad time in your airport stop, though I am not sure how that really affects your opinion of the State. The people in Texas will take care of each other like no other place, so come on down and stay a while.....then, I think you will understand.

and O', there are a few more Louisville bottles on their way to Mi. courtesy of Texas.
    Last edited by mozilla; 06-29-2008 at 09:08.

Jeff Mo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    there are a few more Louisville bottles on their way to Mi. courtesy of Texas.
    Did I miss out on something here?
    Hey Jeff, can I get in on these bottles that are going to MI?
    ovh

Disciple

What was found....was sent. Sorry! You know how it goes....first come, first served.

Jeff Mo.

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by CorvallisCracker View Post
    If you have room for an extra bottle of Saz 18, buy one for me.
    Consider it done. I'm making my return trip to the store tomorrow morning.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?