Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2008

Not purchased today but a couple of days ago and I wanted to post a Thank You to Bromike for the heads up on these.

Its a wonder how a distributer can 'lose' bottles for a while, but I am sure glad they found them!

The one seems to have a minor leak under the cap that I didn't notice until I got home, so I'll have to open that one first and make sure there is no glass chipping under the lid or anything... Maybe it should get sent to the SB.com Lab for further analysis?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Not purchased today but a couple of days ago and I wanted to post a Thank You to Bromike for the heads up on these.

Its a wonder how a distributer can 'lose' bottles for a while, but I am sure glad they found them!

The one seems to have a minor leak under the cap that I didn't notice until I got home, so I'll have to open that one first and make sure there is no glass chipping under the lid or anything... Maybe it should get sent to the SB.com Lab for further analysis?
    very nice Christian!

i did not purchase it today, but through the generosity of a trade with another SB.com member, I received a bottle of the BTAC WLW 05. Will be tasting it shortly...
    ____
    Chris

Virtuoso

1980 Liter Old Taylor (tax stamp) ND juice but 80 proof not 86 did not know that until I got home.

1980 500ml bottle Old Taylor BIB green tax stamp.

For you Michigan guys lookin at Ann Arbor Trail and Middlebelt there's a store called Vintage Market. He has 2 bottles of WTRR 101 but he wanted $32 plus tax so I left them.

Also picked up 2 Jim Beam 7 yr old 80 proof bottles??? Not sure what these are never seen them before.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

I picked up the last three Van Winkle ryes I knew of locally. Will bring at least a pair of them to the Sampler, should anyone be in need. PM me.
    By the way, the same store also has (pending prior sale, of course) three Parker's HCs. I didn't check the proof, but the 127.4 is the only one I've seen, to date, distributed here. Again, PM me if you're heading to Bardstown and can't find it.
    And, should anyone still want a Thedford Reserve ...
    Tim

Connoisseur

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow sb member, I worked out a trade where I received 2 F05 GTS and a 2005 WLW.

Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche

Advanced Taster

Mr. Postman brought a couple bottles of RR101!

W00t!
    Traver

"If you fear I'll lose my spirit/Like a drunkard's wasted wine/Don't you even think about it/I'm feeling fine."--13th Floor Elevators

Guru

Not today, but this past Monday I picked up one bottle of '07 Handy, one '07 Stagg and a bottle of Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey. I've also arranged through a trade to acquire two more bottles of the '07 Handy

Here's a pick of Monday's haul.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Connoisseur

Heh, that's quite the Handy haul. How you holding up on baby Saz, Brad?

Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche

Guru

Mark,

I've been meaning to get back to you on the Baby Saz question you asked earlier. I'm still good. I've got one full bottle and three fourths of an oppen bottle.

It looks like I'll be getting down to Peoria (where I can buy Baby Saz) on a monthly basis. My dog's eye medicine, the Cyclosporin, the vet doesn't like to mail the stuff. But thank you very much for the offer.

By the way, if you haven't tried the Stranahan's, I recommend you give it a try. It is youngish, but it really grows on you.
    Last edited by ILLfarmboy; 04-17-2008 at 18:25.

Novice

Just picked up a ER10yr and OC 12yr...the wife actually picked out the Eagle. Also picked up a Mellow BIB. I'm liking the ER so far......