Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Smile Weller Antique 107 Not Going Away!

Not sure if someone already beat me to this in another thread (I've looked several times) but I had heard a rumor here a few times about how Weller Antique might follow in the footsteps of Centennial and be discontinued in the near future so I contacted BT to see what they would tell me about this. I just got a response today, here's what they told me:

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Gum @ BT
    Thank you so much for your email. We are still bottling and distributing Weller 107. In the 90's when we were distilling the Weller that is being bottled now we had to predict what the demand would be in 2007-2008. We underestimated just how popular the brand would be now and how great the demand would be, therefore, the Weller line is difficult to find right now. Hopefully within the next few months Weller will be much easier to find.

Just thought I would pass the good news along, you guys had me worried for a little bit! Unfortunately what I didn't ask about was the age statement... I'll let you know when I hear anything further from them.
    Last edited by gothbat; 04-08-2008 at 15:23.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Advanced Taster

Thumbs up Re: Weller Antique 107 Not Going Away!

Hopefully within the next few months Weller will be much easier to find.
    Whoopee!!!!
    As he removed the cork from the bottle of bourbon, he threw it across the room and said, "we ain't gonna need that no more".

Irreverent One

Re: Weller Antique 107 Not Going Away!

Quote Originally Posted by gothbat View Post
    Not sure if someone already beat me to this in another thread...
    Mr. Cowdery did:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...006#post118006

Which I saw this morning, so bought four bottles over lunch break. Hoping that will be enough to see me through the drought.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Quote Originally Posted by CorvallisCracker View Post
    Mr. Cowdery did:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...006#post118006

Which I saw this morning, so bought four bottles over lunch break. Hoping that will be enough to see me through the drought.
    I bought 3 two weeks ago. Only two remain -- finished the first last night. I'm hoping it was just because I had backup, but I'm also hoping I run across some more soon. I don't want to have to break into the 'old stuff'.
    Tim

Guru

Thankfully I have 4 bottles of the standard 107 bunkered and two 9 year single barrel. That should last me until stock is back on track.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

I have 1 bunkered and about half a bottle left. I notice that the 2 stores in my area that had this in stock don't anymore. I hope they get more soon!
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Guru

I've got six bottles bunkered bunkered (not from any new acquisitions). Glad to hear it isn't going away.

Trippah and Admin

Man, I need a volunteer to snag me some of this. I hate that Ohio is so brain dead about the liquor industry.

I definitely need to start building my network here.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I'm in Louisville right now and went to Liquor Barn on Hurstbourne, where they usually have tons of everything (it's such a pretty sight) but the Weller section was practically bare. This shortage is real, but my source (someone who works with Nancy, in fact) said the same thing Nancy did. Then she bought me a drink. (But she had dinner with Jim Murray. Drat!)

Enthusiast

So....life continues to be good!