Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Empty Bottles Support Group New & Improved

Am trying to kill off some "minimally-full" bottles in case I bring home another batch of them from the Sampler later this month. In the past couple of days, those included a Yamakazi 12yo single malt, and the remains of a decanted Michter's 101-proof, pot-still decanter.
    Tim

Tonight, the bottle graveyard accepted an '07 Larue Weller, which took me since last fall to finish. As I still have an '06 left which I'm in no hurry, or have no need, to open before next fall's issue arrives, I'll have to assuage myself with other things. Ah, well...
    Tim

Advanced Taster

Well,

If Scotch bottles are eligible, I'd like to participate.

Tonight I said goodbye to a bottle of Talisker 18. I enjoyed every drop -- it's gentler than Talisker 10 yet still very interesting. I'm particularly sad because I don't think it will be replaced too soon, as it's significantly more expensive than the ten-year bottling (at least in my area). On the bright side, I have a bottle of WT12 that a friend brought back from Japan lurking in the wings, waiting for me to open very soon.

Guru

OGD 114, I need to replace it right now.

Van Winkle Lot B and a ORVW 10/90. Both well bunkered.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Last night I finished a VWFRR 13 (F series.) It's always sad to empty one of these because I have not seen any on the shelves here since the F series was released. Fortunately, I have 5 more unopened, but I don't anticipate seeing this around here again.

Virtuoso

Just killed 2 bottles.... Julio's centennial 13 yr (got 12 more bunkered) and a VSOF (gotta get another).
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I bought and finished a bottle of Evan Williams black label on Tuesday. Two points to clarify. I was in Oklahoma City and it was a 200 ml. I mention this primarily because that sort of situation is the only time I buy a small size, so I seldom look at the selection. This little liquor store, not far from the airport, had quite a selection of smalls, and very high prices on them. I paid over $3 for the EW. They also had the green label Evan and--this was a surprise--Mellow Corn in smalls.

I have a recently-purchased 750 ml of EW black still unopened, that I bought last week, for $9.29 at Liquor Barn in Louisville.

Finished a Laphroaig 15 tonight. I had been working on this over the winter, and since this evening is fairly cool I decided to finish it off. It was a really good bottle. I most likely won't open anything peaty again until the fall, so that was a good send off.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EricABQ View Post
    Finished a Laphroaig 15 tonight. I most likely won't open anything peaty again until the fall, so that was a good send off.
    I am that way with wheated bourbons.
    I am working on finishing up a few open wheaters.
    I probably won't open another until the first wave of Autumn's cool air comes in.

In the meantime I can't wait to get into the Turkeys, Roses and the warm summer time.
    ovh

Virtuoso

Killing a lot of bottles this week. Old Forester Birthday '07. Great bourbon. I will have to pick up another next time I'm out to Julio's.... The bottle is very nice but takes up too much room on the shelf (I know, minor inconvenience)
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!