Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Empty Bottles Support Group New & Improved

One bottle of Julio's Centennial dies tonight! I think to evaporation! but it seems I can still taste the vapor when I wake in the morning! Mmmmm Good!

Cheers!
    Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Guru

So long to an OFBB 2007.... gotta make room for the 2008 in a few weeks.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Wild Turkey 101. It undoubtedly will be replaced.

Disciple

Last night spun_cookie and I finished off my 1969 Old Fitzgerald BIB from the "Sons of Erin" decanter -- it held up well against a mighty array of other S-W expressions!

(Although the decanter had long been, er, decanted, into a wine bottle, I kept it -- since it says "The Emerald Isle" it now belongs to Emerald!)
    Kevin

"Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

One bottle of JB Black down, four to go. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

My computer was down from Tues afternoon until yesterday.
    Thursday I came to the end of a Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit and had no where to go for support.
    I was a spine-less weeping mess, I needed some support and could not get on-line to SB.com for it.
    The best way to handle the problem I thought was to open a new bottle of WTKS.
    So I did, it helped a lot, but I thought what if I had no more, the results could have been tragic.
    Maybe we should form a phone tree like AA has when you need to call someone to talk you through the night.
    ovh

Virtuoso

Oscar, just checked my missed calls and history on my phone!! No calls from the (517). You know I'm here for you brother, now I know it's a drive but I also have a WTKS open on the bar and it's here to help you through as well!
    Should have some more tonight from the South (). So that will help both of us out.

Cheers!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

People helping people. That's what it's all about.

Reached the bottom of an A. H. Hirsch 16-year-old gold foil last night. There are more in the bunker (not sure how many, not ready to look), but each drop is precious.

Oscar,I'll be your phone support buddy any day of the week!!Scott of the Bourbon Brotherhood
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    My computer was down from Tues afternoon until yesterday.
    Thursday I came to the end of a Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit and had no where to go for support.
    I was a spine-less weeping mess, I needed some support and could not get on-line to SB.com for it.
    The best way to handle the problem I thought was to open a new bottle of WTKS.
    So I did, it helped a lot, but I thought what if I had no more, the results could have been tragic.
    Maybe we should form a phone tree like AA has when you need to call someone to talk you through the night.
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by StraightBoston View Post
    Last night spun_cookie and I finished off my 1969 Old Fitzgerald BIB from the "Sons of Erin" decanter -- it held up well against a mighty array of other S-W expressions!

(Although the decanter had long been, er, decanted, into a wine bottle, I kept it -- since it says "The Emerald Isle" it now belongs to Emerald!)

ANd thank you I do sir.. I have replaced teh cork on it and it will soon be full of some 80s/90s Old Fitz - yummy

on a sad note... my MM Black will die tonight...