Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bernheim Wheat

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Bernheim Wheat

I don't currently have a bottle at home but have had it a few times recently when out and probably will have to puchase another bottle soon. I quite like it as a change of pace.

Connoisseur

I agree that this doesn't taste at all like wheated bourbons...or any bourbon. It has a unique flavor profile all it's own. My taste for it waxes and wanes, but I seem to always have an open bottle handy, for when the mood strikes.

Connoisseur

I haven't done this yet, but I would think and interesting tasting would be non-bourbon American straight whiskeys. I especially would like to put the Bernheim wheat side-by-side with JW Corn BIB. Both are very pleasant and quite mild for moderately proofed whiskeys.

Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

This isn't available in Australia, so it was with great interest that I got to try some Bernheim at the Sampler, and again later at the Gazebo. It really has a flavor that I enjoy. I'd planned to go back to Toddy's whilst we were in Bardstown to pick up a bottle, but ran out of time. Needless to say, it's at the top of my list for our next order from Binnys.

Virtuoso

This is an interesting whiskey... at times I find it good other times I find it a bit unusual... currently on sale in Va. fo $26....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    This is an interesting whiskey... at times I find it good other times I find it a bit unusual... currently on sale in Va. fo $26....
    Excellent price. If I could get it for that, I'd drink more of it. Reid, have you found a good cigar pairing for it?

JOE

Virtuoso

I have recently tried the Cabaiguan line of cigars and really like them. The Cabaiguan Guapos and the Guapos Jr. are, IMO, some of the best cigars made outside of Cuba today. Pepin Garcia is doing an excellent job.. hope it keeps up. This would be an excellent choice to go with the Bernheim...
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"