Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast

Re: Michters Small Batch

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbertva View Post
    Same for the US 1 Rye - it's quite good, especially for a young (3yo) Rye - but overpriced.

I've seen these in my local liquor stores. They have an "American Whiskey" that is a 4-year small batch.

According to the labels of the Michter's Bourbon and Rye that I've seen, they say 10-year Single Barrel. Is this a different product than what you were referring to?
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

They have a range of products but I don't know the exact portfolio. They do have a 10-year-old rye that's very good. They also have a bourbon and rye that, I believe, are NAS. And they have an American whiskey (i.e., not a bourbon or rye).

I'm again sorry for my lack of knowledge. But, what does NAS mean?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyme View Post
    ...what does NAS mean?
    No Age Statement, I believe. Not sure I've ever seen a Michters product like that but then again I don't see their products often.
    I tried the 3 year old rye, although it was better than the OO I had it was ultimately a waste for $45. I really want to try the 10 year rye but now I'm wary, especially at those prices.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by gothbat View Post
    No Age Statement, I believe. Not sure I've ever seen a Michters product like that but then again I don't see their products often.
    I tried the 3 year old rye, although it was better than the OO I had it was ultimately a waste for $45. I really want to try the 10 year rye but now I'm wary, especially at those prices.

It saddens me to see someone capitalizing so ruthlessly on the legacy of the sad remains of the Pennsylvania Whiskey distilling tradition...
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus