Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Hello from Jersey

Just an intro post... IMHO my opened collection is pretty reasonable:Old Weller 107Old Forrester B-day 2005Fighting Cock (this stuff is great for zombie fighting prep)Makers MarkKnob CreekOld Grandad BiBFour Roses single barrelFour Roses small batchEvan Williams single barrel '98Elijah Craig 12yoEagle Rare 10yo single barrelPappy Van Winkle 20yoBulleitRidgemont Reserve 1792My favorite of the bunch: FRSmBBourbon isn't as tricky to find in my portion of yankeeland as in the SW, so I count myself lucky there. Just saying hi; there are very few bourbons sold locally that I don't own (PVW23 and Parker Heritage are the only bigguns I don't have yet) but am always open to input from other enthusiasts.Thanks and/or hi!
    Last edited by Chupacabras; 04-21-2008 at 23:11.

Apprentice

Re: Hello from Jersey

I'm going to have to edit some whitespace into that post tomorrow since the spacebar doesn't seem to work on this (and may other) sites when using a mobile.

Guru

Welcoem to the site. Not a bad selection of goodies at all. Look forward to your posts and a toast to you tonight... I think a little B-Day 07 is in line

Apprentice

[edit]Just an intro post... IMHO my opened collection is pretty reasonable:

Old Weller 107
    Old Forrester B-day 2005
    Fighting Cock (this stuff is great for zombie fighting prep)
    Makers Mark
    Knob Creek
    Old Grandad BiB
    Four Roses single barrel
    Four Roses small batch
    Evan Williams single barrel '98
    Elijah Craig 12yo
    Eagle Rare 10yo single barrel
    Pappy Van Winkle 20yo
    Bulleit
    Ridgemont Reserve 1792

My favorite of the bunch: FRSmB

Bourbon isn't as tricky to find in my portion of yankeeland as in the SW, so I count myself lucky there. Just saying hi; there are very few bourbons sold locally that I don't own (PVW23 and Parker Heritage are the only bigguns I don't have yet) but am always open to input from other enthusiasts.Thanks and/or hi![/edit]

Thanks for the welcome, spun_cookie. I may have to give the b-day a taste tonight as well since I spent way more time with the rest of the collection then I probably should have last night.

Connoisseur

Welcome Chupacabras, I am in NJ as well. Where abouts are you in NJ? Some nice liq stores in NJ with some great selections of wine and spirits.

Apprentice

I'm just outside of Philly and I'll agree that we have some surprisingly good stores locally.

Connoisseur

Cool, I havent been to it but a Canals in Burlington, NJ is supposed to be a great shop. Have you been there?

Apprentice

Not the one in Burlington, but I've been to the ones in Marlton and Delran and they're so-so. The Marlton store stocks Four Roses yellow, small batch and single barrel, so I end up at that one a pretty decent amount.

Locally, the best overall store is probably Total Wine & More in Cherry Hill though Martins in Mount Laurel is not without its charms.

Enthusiast

Welcome to Sb.com! Look forward to your posts.

Irreverent One

Yes, welcome.

Just stay away from our goats.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms