Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 18 of 243 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Too bad the Nadurra isn't available in Ontario, as I'd like to try it...

Glenfiddich 15 Solera Reserve; one of my favorite Speyside drams. Such beautiful structure and balance to the flavour.

Virtuoso

Aberlour A'Bunadh #18 and then Highland Park 12 yr. Now on to Julio's Weller Centennial 13 yr bourbon... great stuff.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Advanced Taster

I am a serial drinker meaning I only have one or two open bottles at a given time. But my sons visited and we opened several bottles like Talisker 18, Aberlour A'bunadh #21, Ardbeg 10, Arran 18, Clynelish 18, Benriach Curiositas. Last night I had Aberlour which is becoming a favorite. I also like he Benriarch Curiositas very much. This version is quite peaty unlike the other releases which I dont prefer much.
    Last edited by LeoDLion; 07-03-2008 at 06:05.

Virtuoso

Laphroaig 10 here tonight. I've always heard that the 10 is a bit rough around the edges and a bit brash, but I like its character a great deal. It's sweeter than I expected.

My mother-in-law's husband was here tonight and popped a fresh mint leaf into his dram, so, of course, I had to try it too. Not bad! Next pour will be three fingers neat, however.

Cheers!

Taster

Tasting all four of the new Glenmorangie line (Lasanta, Origional, Quinta Ruban, and Nectar de Or). The Nectar is Sauternes finished, and to me, the far best of the lot, and the best of ten GLenmorangie's I have tried. Great nose, rich, fat, malty, fruit-balance. The mouth is totally congruent with the nose, and wonderfully mouth coating. A great malt. The Origional 10 is very disapointing, must less spicy and more fruity then the old ten, and a bit dull. A much different profile, and not to my liking.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Old Malt Cask Glenburgie 12yo.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Connoisseur

Tried some Glen Breton Rare Canadian single malt last night. Pretty nice stuff, though not worth the $90 they want for a bottle at the LCBO.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    Tried some Glen Breton Rare Canadian single malt last night. Pretty nice stuff, though not worth the $90 they want for a bottle at the LCBO.
    Hehe... I guess alll that talk of Glenora Distillery made you thirsty for it . I'm really curious now myself.... although not $90 curious.

Tonight I'm enjoying a wee pour of The Balvenie 12 yr doublewood. It's such a fine pour and a bargain at $40.

Virtuoso

Moved on to some Highland Park 12 yr. Pretty darn good. Nice spicy kick in the finish.

Connoisseur

My favorites these days are various single malts from Highland Park, Bowmore, Lagavulin, Talisker and Balvenie.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ