Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 68 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Had a couple of splashes of Dickel #12 earlier now enjoying a Laphroaig 15, neat, an excellent follow up.
    ovh

Guru

Celebrated my birthday last night with a few nice gifts from family and friends. My wife picked me up a bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask--killer stuff and worth every penny she spent. Then moved on to the Sheep Dip that my buddy bought me. Very tasty whiskey and far better than I even expected it would be. Plus, it saved me from polishing off the entire bottle of the Laphroaig, so I've got more to look forward to this week. Great night!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Had a VERY NICE taste of the GlenRothes 1975. I'm now very glad that I bought one to drink and one for the bunker, as this is one of the very best sc**ches that I have tried.

More on topic, I plan to crack open the Blanton's tonight.
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Enthusiast

Finished off my bottle of Talisker 10. Man I enjoy that stuff.

Advanced Taster

Black Bottle. This may be the best blend I've tried, no doubt due to its Islay heart. There's some smoke and iodine with just a hint of peat. Very nice and a best buy.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    Black Bottle. This may be the best blend I've tried, no doubt due to its Islay heart. There's some smoke and iodine with just a hint of peat. Very nice and a best buy.
    I've searched far and wide and can't get any. I believe it's no longer produced. Anyone know this to be true?
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    I've searched far and wide and can't get any. I believe it's no longer produced. Anyone know this to be true?
    It's readily available here in Chicagoland, but that may not mean that it's still being produced. It may simply be leftover stock that's still on the shelves. Maybe Joe (aka "Lost Pollito") can provide an answer to this. By the way, try the Islay Mist 8 year old if you like Black Bottle. It's another great, inexpensive blend with a pronounced Islay character.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Enjoyed a solid line up of Ardbeg last night:
    Ardbeg 10
    Ugeadail
    Nam Beist
    Lord of The Isles
    17 yr
    Supernova
    and a tiny tiny splash of the new Corryvrekin (mis-spelled I believe).

Anyway, what a nice tasting. I wish I'd had a bit more of the Cory, as I may end up really like this one. But the Supernova took top honors for me last night. No real duds...but the 17 was bit thin and tea-ish? Lord of the Isles did have one intoxicating nose, and the 10 has the bite, but the nova seemed to get all the parts I like best. Cheers.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Black Bottle NAS will continue to be produced. Black Bottle 10 yrs old has ceased production.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    It's readily available here in Chicagoland, but that may not mean that it's still being produced. It may simply be leftover stock that's still on the shelves. Maybe Joe (aka "Lost Pollito") can provide an answer to this. By the way, try the Islay Mist 8 year old if you like Black Bottle. It's another great, inexpensive blend with a pronounced Islay character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    Black Bottle NAS will continue to be produced. Black Bottle 10 yrs old has ceased production.
    Thanks for the responses and the recommendation. I will give it a try. I'm looking for good values these days.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!