Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 97 of 243 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

I actually prefer Jameson 12 over Black Bush... and Tullamore Dew 12 over both of them.

Guru

Opened a bottle of Redbreast last night and had a couple of stiff pours. I really love this whiskey and can't say enough about its flavor and aroma. I could crawl into my Glencairn glass just to get a better whiff of this stuff. Worth every penny that I paid for it!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Opened a bottle of Redbreast last night and had a couple of stiff pours. I really love this whiskey and can't say enough about its flavor and aroma. I could crawl into my Glencairn glass just to get a better whiff of this stuff. Worth every penny that I paid for it!
    I really like the Redbreast too. I think it's a terrific value under $50.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Virtuoso

Tonight it was Talisker 10 and then some Bowmore 17.

Connoisseur

How does Bowmore 17 compare to their 12 year old? I'm not a big fan of the 12; just something about the flavour that doesn't sit well.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    How does Bowmore 17 compare to their 12 year old? I'm not a big fan of the 12; just something about the flavour that doesn't sit well.
    I don't recall that I've had the 12 yr. I find that the Bowmore 17 is somewhat unique in profile to other Islays in that there seems to be this fruitiness intermingled with the smoke and peat that I can't quite put my finger on (maybe that's the flavor you didn't care for?). Each time I pour this dram it is that distinct flavor that draws my attention and pushes the others aside.

Guru

I started out with a pre-supper drink of JW Black, now I'm enjoying a glass of HP 12.

Guru

Bypassed the bourbon tonight and went with a Tomatin which I think is 12 years old. Not sure as this was a bottle pulled from the barrel at the Whiskey Shop.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Started with Clynelish 14 and now on to some Ardberg Uigeadail. The Uigedail is really fantastic. It cut right through the taste-bud fog caused by a bad cold.

Virtuoso

I prefer Bushmills 10 to Black Bush, (but for some reason Black Bush is more fun to utter and/or order) Here and now those two are about the same price, but the 10 is a little more scarce. I just found some online and ordered a bunch for me and a couple pals, one an Irish Welshman who introduced it to us. About $26. I'm stocking the bunker, it's soooooo nice.

Hitting the single malts hard tonight. I got (had) a lot open bottles with only a couple pours left. ... so my wife and I sat here listening to The Violent Femmes early 80s music and laid two soldiers low- first Cragganmore 12, next down was The Glenlivet 12. Now, the wife has hit the sack, and I'm having a nice pour of Aberlour 10,... but I think that soldier will live to see another day.

tomorrow is a holiday- just so y'all don't think, ... you know, like we usually do this in the middle of the week. Not that there's anything wrong with that.