Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 98 of 243 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Sometimes when you dig through the open or closed bunker you pull a bottle from the back and say "oh! I forgot I had that". I'm sippin on a Edradour SFTC 11 year Marsala finish. It's probably been at least a year or more since I enjoyed this little treasure....forgot how good it was.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Apprentice

My lovely wife got me two bottles for my birthday; one of Caol Ila 12 yr. and another of Abelour A'buanah.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinWreck007 View Post
    My lovely wife got me two bottles for my birthday; one of Caol Ila 12 yr. and another of Abelour A'buanah.
    Nice gifts! Very different as well.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinWreck007 View Post
    Nice!! I love them both. Have you had them before? Happy birthday, by the way.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Finishing the last of a bottle of Caol Ila 12. It reminds me of a nice Autumn fire.

Guru

A friend shared some of his newly acquired Amrut Fusion this evening. He wouldn't tell me what it was at first. The nose had a small dose of iodine and a larger dose of honey. The nose has some pot still qualities to it so I guessed Irish, then Scottish and then Indian. I was unaware a whiskey that good was coming from India.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    A friend shared some of his newly acquired Amrut Fusion this evening. He wouldn't tell me what it was at first. The nose had a small dose of iodine and a larger dose of honey. The nose has some pot still qualities to it so I guessed Irish, then Scottish and then Indian. I was unaware a whiskey that good was coming from India.
    Is it more like Irish or Scotch... or neither?

I'm really looking forward to trying this.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Is it more like Irish or Scotch... or neither?

I'm really looking forward to trying this.
    ebo - I would have to say both. To me, there were qualities of both irish and scottish with caused some confusion when nosing and sipping.

Guru

Hit the Ardbeg 10 pretty good last night, along with a few pints of Guinness, while watching the Blackhawks maul the Canucks. Loads of fun!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

I was very fortunate to acquire a bottle of Bushmills Millennium (25 yrs in oak) today. I conducted a bourbon tasting and on attendee brought along a bottle of Bushmills Millennium and a bottle of Paddy's Irish. She gifted both to me by the end of the evening. This Bushmills is my new favorite Irish Whiskey hands down!