Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 110 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2424
    Virtuoso

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    Was visiting a friend and enjoyed some sample drams of:

Springbank 10, 12 and 30 year

My fav was the Royal Lochnager which contained a blend of Scotch up to 45 years old. Rich and delicious.
    How was that springbank 30.... I'm a lover of all things Springbank !!!!
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Guru

On our way to see the great Scottish rock band Teenage Fanclub tonight and will be enjoying a pour of Springbank 10 beforehand. Can't wait for both!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by birdman1099 View Post
    How was that springbank 30.... I'm a lover of all things Springbank !!!!
    The Springbank 30 was a very very nice dram. I'll have to say that the Royal Locknager was my favorite.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

A blended tonight, some of the 4/5 quart 8yr old Grant's a found! Yes it is a bit young but very nice sort of reminds me of a young Fiddich at 86 proof.
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Virtuoso

Our club got a bottle of Lagavulin 12 (cask strength) to share last month with our order. We decided to hold off on cracking it until the summer heat abated a bit. It finally did a few days ago.

This is great powerful stuff. I've had 16, but this was my (actually everybody's) first 12. I was expecting a huge blast of peat and smoke, but it wasn't so much a wet thick smoke as the smoke off glowing embers. It was all there, but there was a lot of other things going on in there, too. Take a tiny tiny sip at full strength, and the drop explodes with flavor all over the mouth, tongue, and all the way back to the throat. Oily. Tectonic.

Totally different, but also surprisingly excellent (at least to my taste buds) was a dram of Glenfarclas 8 year old. Nice, clean and youthfully bracing.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Guru

That sounds great, Edo. I don't think I've ever even seen the Lagavulin 12, let alone tasted any. I'll be heading to Scotland twice within the next year if all works out as planned, with one trip to Islay and the other to Glasgow and points beyond. I plan on seeking out stuff like the Lagavulin 12 among other things and look forward to trying stuff I've never had before. By the way, I love the entire Glenfarclas line. I always have a bottle of 10 and/or 12 year old on hand but you might want to seek out their "105 Cask Strength" if you haven't had it already. Superb!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Scotland twice in the next year. Damn, UB, you are one lucky SMSW drinker. I was there only once, 15 or 18 years ago. In winter. (In winter, the sun only shines about 4 hours a day [or not], then it's night again as I remember it.) My first Single Malt in a pub- Glenmorangie. Bay City Rollers on Hogmany in Edinburgh. We rented a car and took a road trip to the Isle of Skye, Portree. Deserted in the winter, except for the 'true highlanders'. Hagis in Portree by the seaside. (No Talisker, though. Too ignorant at the time.)

Great trip. ...

... now I've just spent the last hour on google earth revisiting some of it.

It's bourbon tonight, but I've got a Glenfarclas 105 somewhere that I haven't cracked yet, (and so far haven't ever tasted...)...patience....patience.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Guru

Changing things up tonight and going with a Highland SMSW, Tomatin 12 year. This has a nice balance of malt with apple and pear fruit influence.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Enthusiast

A little Macallan CS, love the sherry bomb, followed by a small pour of Yaz 12 yr. The Macallan CS works great after-dinner while the Yaz is a nice, easy night cap.

Connoisseur

Glen Garioch 12. A strange whisky: the only one I've tasted to remind me of olives.