Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 116 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2424
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Green Spot Irish Whiskey. Delicate yet full of flavor. Great example of a pure pot still Irish.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Islay Mist 8 and now Talisker 10.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    Green Spot Irish Whiskey. Delicate yet full of flavor. Great example of a pure pot still Irish.
    Yes indeed. My friend just came back from Ireland this week with two bottles of Green Spot for me and I'm happy as can be. Off to Binny's to pick up some Guinness FES as an accompaniment for tonight's relaxation.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Connoisseur

Crown Royal Limited Edition. A very pleasant sipping blend that falls somewhere between rye and rum in its flavour profile.

Connoisseur

Interesting how direct comparison brings out hidden characteristics. After finishing a glass of Crown Royal LE, I poured a bit of Sazerac rye and was immediately struck by intense peppermint notes which were not obvious when tasting the rye alone.

Guru

While rooting around the open bottle collection last night, I pulled out a bottle I've had sitting around for sometime; '93/'04 Edradour Marsala Finish Cask Strength. This is one of a series of special releases by Edradour. The nose has mild peat, iodine and overtones of the Marsala wine cask. The entry is much more appealing, loads of flavor with a mix of sweet and peat. I'm not a big fan of peat/smoke, but this puppy is delicious. Too bad it's a 500ml bottle. I have another one with the Port finish and I may have to open it up.
    Last edited by ggilbertva; 01-03-2011 at 10:14.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    I'm a big fan of Green Spot, too. But right now I'm just finishing an Auchentoshan, ... almonds and chocolate-covered cherries, bitter cocoa, hints of peat and smoke.
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Virtuoso

Amrut Peated. Just picked this up. Very flavourful... it's my first time trying it but it's one of those that tastes like you've been there before. At first the nose reminded me a bit of Ardmore Traditional cask (with more peat of course), but now I'm not so sure. I need more time with this one... getting better as it opens.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Maybe, it's this whacked weather we're having. So, I decided to change it up from my bourbon train, and go with something different. I reached deep into the cabinet, and out came this Aberlour A'bunadh Batch 18. A very tasty whiskey.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Maybe, it's this whacked weather we're having. So, I decided to change it up from my bourbon train, and go with something different. I reached deep into the cabinet, and out came this Aberlour A'bunadh Batch 18. A very tasty whiskey.
    The batch 18 was my first Aberlour A'. A sherry bomb to be sure and a nice change from bourbon indeed.