Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 118 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2424
    Connoisseur

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    My newest open bottle is anCnoc 16. Matured in all ex-bourbon casks-- it is rather naked, but I really like it. Some pineapple juice, dandelions, and grapefruit rinds in the nose.
    Naked is probably a good descriptor. I've had anCnoc 12 and it is strange stuff. Very soft and sweet on the nose, but hard as rocks in the mouth. I drank the whole bottle and still couldn't say whether I liked it or not.

Virtuoso

Well I haven't tried the 12 y/o so I can't compare but a few people have recommended the 16 to me over the 12. At any rate, it reminds me a little of newer Springbanks, without the leafiness and flint.

Guru

Stopped by my brother in law's house last evening and he poured me a small dram of Johnny Walker Double Black. I'm not big on peat/smoke and this particular label has quite a bit (at least to my palate). Not a fan.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Disciple

I tried my first Amrut Fusion Monday night when sampling Willett for VBT#308. After the grassiness of the Willett, I thought scotch (er, single malt whiskey) might follow.

I was surprised at the amount of peatiness from the Scottish malt (not "subtle" to my bourbon palate) but found it to be a very complex and enjoyable dram. I may seek out a bottle for the collection.
    Kevin

"Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

Connoisseur

On the subject of world whiskies, I got to try Yoichi 10 year old from the Nikka distillery in Japan. Fantastic! Sweet, floral, fruity, and rich, with distinct peatiness. It reminded me of a sweeter, richer Talisker. The stuff is expensive around here, same price as Lagavulin 16, but worth it in my opinion.

Guru

Segram's VO Gold, 8 yr at 40%. Building the Canadian stock back up.

Connoisseur

I poured an ounce of Buffalo Trace into the glass that held last night's Kilchoman. I neglected to wash the glass, and what I've got is a bourbon with an incredibly smoky nose.

Guru

A wee dram of Amrut Fusion.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Connoisseur

Fished out an old bottle of Chivas Regal Rare Old 18 yo. I've only seen this one bottle. The bottle is serial numbered, GH5839L. Don't know much about this version other than it is much better than the usual CR Gold Signature. It is very smooth and honeyed with a nice malted cereal taste and a slight cinnamon spiciness.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    I poured an ounce of Buffalo Trace into the glass that held last night's Kilchoman. I neglected to wash the glass, and what I've got is a bourbon with an incredibly smoky nose.
    Did it work out for ya? Worth trying a mix of the two?
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!