Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 133 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2424
    Guru

Re: What Wee Dram are you enjoying now?

Quote Originally Posted by timd View Post
    Here in TX it's down to about $30, which makes it a steal. Not as good as the review makes it out to be - it's decent, kind of like a peatier Highland Park 12, but not as rich & fullfilling. If it's priced under $40 it's a good deal. As you creep higher, I'd be more reluctant to buy another one. It's good, though, just not great.
    Ardmore is perhaps my favorite "budget" malt and it's an absolute bargain at $30 here in Chicago. In fact, I once found a place that marked it down to $20 (!) because the store owner's customers weren't familiar with it and it just sat there collecting dust. I came home with three!

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    It's definitely better than the Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and the Bowmore. I pay $40.00 for it in Ohio.
    Those others are fine whiskies in their own right but I too would go with Ardmore, given the choice. Pick one up, Mike. You won't be disappointed.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by boss302 View Post
    Since the bourbon forums have a thread like this, I thought it would be nice to have one for my fellow malt advocates.

A Glenfarclas Cadenhead d.1966/b.1977. Import from Italy....

Disciple

Jamesons 18 imported from Canada.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbarker View Post
    A Glenfarclas Cadenhead d.1966/b.1977. Import from Italy....
    Yikes! That sounds great but I'm guessing it set you back a few bucks.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Megawatt View Post
    In Ontario it is $45, which puts it in the same bracket as Glenfiddich 12, Bowmore 12, Glenlivet 12, and a few others. You generally don't get single malts for less than that around here.
    I'd take it over any of those three options in a heart-beat. The two Glens offer nothing to me, and the entry Bowmores leave me flat.

Springbank 19 1/2 ( vatted an 18 with a heavily sherried 21 year). Hits the spot!!!

Guru

Laphroaig 10 last night. Always an explosion of flavor and aroma in every pour--a true classic!

Connoisseur

Springbank 12 year old cask strength, on ice. Wow, this is some challenging stuff. The ice brings out the peat and takes the sweetness down a notch. The finish is dank and pungent. Very nice whisky if you can get past the funky finish.

Nearly putting a Duncan Taylor ROR 31yo bottling of Banff to bed. I've really enjoyed this bottle - it's not challenging or particularly nuanced but it's just a really enjoyable pour.

Virtuoso

I went back to the bottle of Cardhu last night. Still not feeling it. I definitely will not be buying any more of it.